Education & Training
Christian Medical College University of Madras
- Christian Medical College Hospital
- University of Missouri Health Care
- Duke University Medical Center
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
Dr. Pradeep Sahota is a professor and the chairman of neurology. He is also the director of the Sleep Disorders Center at MU Health Care and director of the Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program at the University of Missouri School of Medicine.
Dr. Sahota’s research interests include clinical neurophysiology and sleep medicine and the effect of NMDA receptor antagonists on stroke in gerbil model. He is currently working on clinical research in sleep disorders, specifically on patients who suffer narcolepsy with or without cataplexy, hypersomnolence, restless leg syndromes and/or disorders of circadian rhythm. Dr. Sahota’s current basic science research in mouse models include the effect of alcohol on sleep, sleep and memory and sleep and traumatic memories.
- Clinical researchs that focuses on sleep disorders, specifically narcolepsy with or without cataplexy, hypersomnolence, restless leg syndrome and disorders of rircadian rhythm
- Basic science mouse model analyzing the effect of alcohol on sleep, sleep and memory and/or sleep and traumatic memories
Areas of Expertise
- Sleep and sleep disorders
- Sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome
- Periodic Limb movements in sleep, parasomnias