Education & Training
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- UPMC St. Margaret Memorial Hospital
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
One Hospital Drive
MA306 Medical Sciences Building, DC032.00
Columbia, MO 65212
"More than 100 million Americans have chronic health conditions, but many of them do not receive the care they need to adequately control them. Getting the right intervention to the right patient at the right time remains a gap in healthcare, and Dr. Koopman addresses this gap in her research.
Dr. Koopman is committed to promoting EHR design that makes it easy for patients and physicians to make good decisions to improve health. She seeks to leverage improved data visualization, electronic support for decision making and patient-physician information sharing to enable people with chronic conditions and their physicians to make well-informed shared decisions that lead to better health outcomes.
Having patients contribute their own data to the EHR to aid in decision making is an emerging trend in health care. Dr. Koopman has led an effort to bring home blood pressure data, including better data visualization to the clinical EHR to help patients and physicians make better shared decisions about hypertension control."
- User-Centered EHR Design
- Clinical Decision Support for Patients and Physicians
- Patient-Physician Communication and Shared Decision Making
- Hypertension and Home Blood Pressure Measurement
- Human Factors in Physician Workflow in Outpatient Settings
Areas of Expertise
- Clinical Decision Support for Physicians and Patients
- Hypertension and Home Blood Pressure Data
- User-Centerd Design for Electronic Health Records, including the Patient Portal
- Dissemination and Implementation Science
Awards & Honors
Hedwig van Ameringen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine Fellow
Institute for Women’s Health and Leadership: Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia
Tribute to MU Women Award
Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of MU Women
Dorsett L. Spurgeon Distinguished Medical Research Award
University of Missouri School of Medicine
For a complete publication list, see: