Education & Training
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- St. Margaret Memorial Hospital
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
One Hospital Drive
MA306 Medical Sciences Building, DC032.00
Columbia, MO 65212
"More than 100 million Americans have chronic health conditions, but many of them do not receive the care they need to adequately control them. Getting the right intervention to the right patient at the right time remains a gap in healthcare, and Dr. Koopman addresses this gap in her research.
Dr. Koopman is committed to promoting EHR design that makes it easy for patients and physicians to make good decisions to improve health. She seeks to leverage improved data visualization, electronic support for decision making and patient-physician information sharing to enable people with chronic conditions and their physicians to make well-informed shared decisions that lead to better health outcomes.
Having patients contribute their own data to the EHR to aid in decision making is an emerging trend in health care. Dr. Koopman has led an effort to bring home blood pressure data, including better data visualization to the clinical EHR to help patients and physicians make better shared decisions about hypertension control."
- User-Centered EHR Design
- Clinical Decision Support for Patients and Physicians
- Patient-Physician Communication and Shared Decision Making
- Hypertension and Home Blood Pressure Measurement
- Human Factors in Physician Workflow in Outpatient Settings
Areas of Expertise
- Clinical Decision Support for Physicians and Patients
- Hypertension and Home Blood Pressure Data
- User-Centerd Design for Electronic Health Records, including the Patient Portal
- Dissemination and Implementation Science
Awards & Honors
Hedwig van Ameringen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine Fellow
Institute for Women’s Health and Leadership: Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia
Tribute to MU Women Award
Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of MU Women
Dorsett L. Spurgeon Distinguished Medical Research Award
University of Missouri School of Medicine
For a complete publication list, see: MY BIBLIOGRAPHY (NCBI COLLECTIONS)
- Improving warfarin safety for hospitalized patients.
Am J Med Qual. 2019;34(4):415.
Day MA, Malone MS, Mandhadi V, Mosa ASM, Koopman RJ.
- Building consensus toward a national nursing home information technology maturity model.
Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 2019; DOI: 10.1093/jamia/ocz006.
Alexander GL, Powell K, Deroche CB, Popejoy L, Mosa ASM, Koopman R, Pettit L, Dougherty M.
- Designing a medication timeline for patients and physicians.
Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 2019;26(2):95-105.
Belden JL, Wegier P, Patel J, Hutson A, Plaisant C, Moore JL, Lowrance NJ, Boren SA, Koopman RJ.
- Effect of health information technologies on cardiovascular risk factors among patients with diabetes.
Current Diabetes Reports. 2019;19(6):28.
Yoshida Y, Boren SA, Soares J, Popescu M, Nielson SD, Koopman RJ, Kennedy DR, Simoes EJ.
- Patient judgments about hypertension control: the role of variability, trends, and outliers in visualized blood pressure data.
Journal of Medical Internet Research. 2019;21(3):e11366.
Shaffer VA, Wegier P, Valentine KD, Belden JL, Canfield SM, Patil SJ, Popescu M, Steege LM, Jain A, Koopman RJ.
- The role of home BP monitoring: Answers to 10 common questions: How does home BP monitoring stack up against clinic and ambulatory measurements for the Dx and management of hypertension? Find out in this review.
Journal of Family Practice. 2019;68(1):29-33.
Patil SJ, Koopman RJ, Belden J, LeFevre M.
- A decision support system for home BP measurements.
In: PervasiveHealth '17 Proceedings of the 11th EAI International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare, 2017 May 23-26; Barcelona, Spain. 2018. 231-234.
Jain A, Popescu M, Keller J, Belden JL, Koopman RJ, Patil SJ, Canfield SM, Steege LM, Shaffer VA, Wegler P, Valentine KD, Hathaway A.
- Community-based medical student nutrition counseling training for low-income families.
Williams AS, Patel PM, Beucke NL, Koopman RJ.
- Effect of peer support interventions on cardiovascular disease risk factors in adults with diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
BMC Public Health. (2018) 18:398.
Patil SJ, Ruppar T, Koopman RJ, Lindbloom EJ, Elliott SG, Mehr DR, Conn VS.
- Socioeconomic Status and Other Factors Associated with Childhood Obesity.
Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine: JABFM. 2018;31(4):514-521.
Williams AS, Ge B, Petroski G, Kruse RL, McElroy JA, Koopman RJ.
- Toward a patient-centered ambulatory after-visit summary: identifying primary care patients' information needs.
Informatics for health & social care. 2018;43(3):248-263.
Clarke MA, Moore JL, Steege LM, Koopman RJ, Belden JL, Canfield SM, Kim MS.
- Dynamic electronic health record note prototype: seeing more by showing less.
Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine: JABFM. 2017;30(6):691-700.
Belden JL, Koopman RJ, Patil SJ, Lowrance NJ, Petroski GF, Smith JB.
- NAPCRG launches video to promote primary care research.
Annals of Family Medicine. 2017;15(1):84.
Haught J, Koopman R
- Randomized trial of intelligent sensor system for early illness alerts in senior housing.
Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 2017;18(10):860-870.
Rantz M, Phillips LJ, Galambos C, Lane K, Alexander GL, Despins L, Koopman RJ, Skubic M, Hicks L, Miller S, Craver A, Harris BH, Deroche CB.