Reducing your risk for catching the flu and COVID-19 is important, especially as the weather gets colder and more time is spent indoors.
Laura Morris, MD, family medicine physician and MU Health Care’s vaccine committee co-chair said the best way to protect yourself from the flu is to get vaccinated. And MU Health Care is offering several convenient opportunities to get your flu vaccine (see below for options).
Morris recommends that everyone age 6 months and older get a flu vaccination in September or October, but if you miss that window, you can be vaccinated anytime during flu season, even in January or later.
You can get a flu shot at the same time as a COVID-19 vaccination. There is no need to space the two vaccinations.
Drive-thru Flu and COVID-19 Vaccination Events
- MU Health Care is offering Saturday drive-thru flu shot events at South Providence Medical Park beginning Sept. 30. The events on Sept. 30, Oct. 14 and Oct. 28 will offer car-side flu shots to adults and kids 6 months and older from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The COVID-19 vaccine will also be available to those age 6 and older.
- A Fulton drive-thru event will be held at Fulton Family Health on Saturday, Oct. 7 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Flu and COVID-19 Vaccination Extended Hours Clinic Events
- Family Medicine Clinic in Ashland: extended hours Sept. 27, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Family Medicine Clinic in Mexico at the South Clark Medical Building: walk-in event on Oct. 26 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Jackson Road Medical Building in Boonville: extended hours walk-in event on Oct. 18 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Family Medicine Clinic in Fayette: extended-hours walk-in clinic on Oct. 10 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Battle Avenue Medical Building: extended hours scheduled for Oct. 17 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Mizzou Pharmacy Vaccination Clinics
Mizzou pharmacy locations will host vaccination events in September and October. Please use this link to skip the wait by scheduling a pharmacy vaccination appointment. Here are the available dates, times and locations:
- Sept. 28: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Fairview Pharmacy
- Oct. 2: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Missouri Orthopaedic Institute Conference Room
- Oct. 5: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Smiley Lane Pharmacy
- Oct. 9: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. at South Providence Pharmacy
- Oct. 12: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Battle Avenue Pharmacy
- Oct. 17: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Missouri Orthopaedic Institute Conference Room
- Oct. 23: 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. at South Providence Pharmacy
- Oct. 26: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at South Providence Pharmacy
Other Flu Shot Options
- Anyone age 6 months or older can receive a flu shot at an existing appointment at many of our MU Health Care clinics. If you need to establish care, please contact a primary care clinic.
- Many clinics also offer COVID-19 vaccines. Ask your doctor for more information.
- Anyone age 2 or older can get a flu shot at one of our Mizzou Quick Care clinics.
- Patients of our pediatrics clinics may schedule an appointment to receive a flu shot.