If you are concerned about your bone density, take this risk assessment survey.
- Are you a female over 65 AND have never had a bone density/DXA scan?
- Are you a male over 70 years old AND have never had a bone density/DXA scan?
- Have you ever broken a bone from a minor fall after the age of 50?
- Do you have a family history of osteoporosis?
- Do you smoke cigarettes or use any nicotine?
- Do you drink three or more alcoholic drinks daily?
- Do you have any of the following medical conditions: diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, gastrointestinal diseases, anorexia nervosa or a history of gastric bypass surgery?
- Have you used any of the following medications long-term (more than 3 months): steroids, acid reflux/GERD medications, antidepressants medications, antiseizure medications or cancer medications to treat breast cancer or prostate cancer?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, a bone health evaluation is recommended to assess for osteoporosis and risk for a fragility fracture.