At University of Missouri Health Care's Missouri Orthopaedic Institute, our care is built around giving patients everything they need to take on pain and injuries, and succeed.
From the first X-ray to the personalized recovery plan, we offer complete care and services for our patients than any other provider including physical therapy, chiropractic care, surgical solutions and more. Our unique, specialty-trained teams - one or each major part of the body - make care as precise and convenient as possible, and all under one roof.
At MU Health Care, we provide more services for patients to take on pain and injuries including specialized programs, such as:
- Joint pain and replacements
- Joint Health Program
- Spine care & back pain treatment
- Sports medicine and athletic injuries
A team approach to orthopaedic care
Our multidisciplinary teams — including orthopaedic surgeons, radiologists, pharmacists and physical therapists — work with you to create an individualized treatment plan that fits your needs. From the diagnosis of your condition to surgery to rebuilding strength post-surgery, we help you select the treatment options that are right for you.
As a patient in our academic health center, you have a larger, integrated care team than you would not have at other facilities. Your team discusses your care with you, offering recommendations to make your treatment plan as personalized and effective as possible.
Orthopaedic treatment designed for convenience
In our specially designed facility, we make care easy for you.
- Use our courtesy valet parking to easily get in and out of the building.
- Find all the care you need in our hospital, including X-rays, casting, surgery, chiropractic care, physical therapy, and outpatient and inpatient procedures, without traveling to multiple doctors’ offices or physical therapy clinics.
As part of our commitment to serving the entire state, we partner with local hospitals around the region to offer outreach clinics. At these community clinics, you have access to the expertise of MU Health Care orthopaedic doctors and physical therapists, right in your hometown.
We offer outreach clinics in Boonville, Jefferson City, Liberty and Springfield.
Innovative research at Missouri Orthopaedic Institute
Missouri Orthopaedic Institute is part of MU Health Care, an academic health center. As a patient, you have access to the latest research and treatments for orthopaedic conditions. Our doctors take part in dozens of advanced studies that benefit patients in Missouri and around the world.
Our current research includes:
- Performing regenerative tissue transplants to restore joints using the patient or a donor’s tissues
- Studying the effectiveness of different treatments on wound healing and recovery after traumatic injuries
- Developing exercises to prevent injuries in athletes
- Using gait-analysis technology to analyze pressure to bones and joints while walking
- Using 3-D printed models for research and to plan complex surgical procedures
- Creating artificial cartilage that can be grown to the exact shape and size needed to help individual patients
Related Conditions & Treatments
- Chiropractic Care
- DEXA (DXA) Scan
- Elbow Pain and Injuries
- Foot and Ankle Pain
- Bone Health Program
- Hand and Wrist Pain
- Hip Pain
- Joint Health Program
- Knee Pain
- Limb Preservation Center
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Physical Therapy
- Regenerative Orthopaedics
- Shoulder Pain and Injuries
- Spine Care & Back Pain Treatment
- Sports Medicine