Your ability to move pain-free helps you enjoy the activities you love, whether it’s running, playing baseball or chasing your grandkids. No matter your age or fitness level, orthopaedic health impacts your quality of life.
University of Missouri Health Care orthopaedic doctors are trained to treat every bone, muscle and joint in your body — from casting broken bones, to manipulation of joints, to performing complex surgeries. At the Missouri Orthopaedic Institute, our expert orthopaedic surgeons, nurses, rehabilitation staff and other health professionals offer you a full range of care in a single location.
At MU Health Care, you can receive specialized orthopaedic care that’s not widely available in other places, such as:
Innovative research at Missouri Orthopaedic Institute
Missouri Orthopaedic Institute (MOI) is part of MU Health Care, an academic health center. As a patient, you have access to the latest research and treatments for orthopaedic conditions. Our physicians take part in dozens of advanced studies that benefit patients in Missouri and around the world.
Our current research includes:
- Performing regenerative tissue transplants to restore joints using the patient or a donor’s tissues, known as the Mizzou BioJointsm
- Studying the effectiveness of different treatments on wound healing and recovery after traumatic injuries
- Developing exercises to prevent injuries in athletes
- Using gait-analysis technology to analyze pressure to bones and joints while walking
- Using 3-D printed models for research and to plan complex surgical procedures
- Creating artificial cartilage that can be grown to the exact shape and size needed to help individual patients
A team approach to orthopaedic care
Our multidisciplinary teams — including orthopaedic surgeons, radiologists, pharmacists and physical therapists — work with you to create an individualized treatment plan that fits your needs. From the diagnosis of your condition to orthopaedic surgery to rebuilding strength post-surgery, we help you select the treatment options that are right for you.
As a patient in our academic health center, you have a larger, integrated care team than you would not have at other facilities. Your team discusses your care with you, offering recommendations to make your treatment plan as personalized and effective as possible.
Orthopaedic treatment designed for convenience
In our specially designed facility, we make care easy for you.
- Use our courtesy valet parking to easily get in and out of the building.
- Find all the care you need in our hospital, including X-rays, casting, surgery, chiropractic care, physical therapy, and outpatient and inpatient procedures, without traveling to multiple doctors’ offices or physical therapy clinics.
As part of our commitment to serving the entire state, we partner with local hospitals around the region to offer orthopaedic outreach clinics. At these community clinics, you have access to the expertise of MU Health Care orthopaedic specialists and physical therapists, right in your hometown.
We offer outreach clinics in the following locations:
- Jefferson City