When you have hip pain, walking is often difficult and painful. Everyday activities such as climbing steps or standing from a seated position can be a challenge. At MU Health Care, we’re here to help improve your quality of life.
The team at MU Health Care’s Missouri Orthopaedic Institute specializes in comprehensive care for hip pain, including surgical and nonsurgical treatment options. From diagnosis through treatment and physical therapy, our experts are committed to relieving your pain.
When managing hip pain, our providers will explore a variety of options for pain relief before discussing surgical options. Nonsurgical options include:
- Physical therapy, which may include blood flow restriction therapy, a leading-edge therapy designed to increase strength.
- Medicine injections
- Weight loss support
If nonsurgical options don't work for you, our orthopaedic surgeons provide a full spectrum of options and will help you choose the right procedure for your situation.
At MU Health Care, these services include:
- Minimally invasive hip preservation procedures, which clear out damaged tissue and allow healthy cartilage to function normally
- Partial hip replacement surgery
- Total hip replacement surgery, including Mako robot-assisted hip replacement surgery
Hip Replacement Surgery
When your hip cartilage is damaged, you might need hip replacement surgery to relieve your pain. During this surgery, your damaged joint is replaced with an artificial joint.
There are multiple hip surgery techniques, and your doctor will talk to you about the best approach.
Outpatient Hip Replacement Surgery
Having a hip replaced once required several days in the hospital to recover. Now, some patients can have an outpatient hip replacement, either going home on the day of surgery or the next day less than 24 hours after surgery. Learn more.
Related Conditions & Treatments
- Chiropractic Care
- DEXA (DXA) Scan
- Elbow Pain and Injuries
- Foot and Ankle Pain
- Bone Health Program
- Hand and Wrist Pain
- Hip Pain
- Joint Health Program
- Knee Pain
- Limb Preservation Center
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Physical Therapy
- Regenerative Orthopaedics
- Shoulder Pain and Injuries
- Spine Care & Back Pain Treatment
- Sports Medicine