Education & Training
Quaid e Azam University
- Nassau University Medical Center
- Emory University
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of
Neuro Critical Care
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
In the News
In the News
Awards & Honors
- 1993 Research Award for Clinical Trainees Program. NIH Research Festival, Sept. 1993.
- 1996 Finalist “Young Investigator Award” American Sleep Disorders Association.
- 1996 Pharmacia Upjohn research award for outstanding research in CNS, June, 1996.
- 1998 Daland Fellowship Award, American Philosophical Society, Jan., 1999.
- 1998 First prize, Scientific Essay Contest, American College of Surgeons, Western New York Chapter, Sept. 1998.
- 2000 Young Investigator Award, Society of Critical Care Medicine, February 2000.
- 2002 National Leadership Award. Presented by Congressman Tom Delay for The National Congressional Committee, March 2002.
- 2003 American Medical Foundation Leadership Award-AMA Excellence in Medicine Series, March 2003.
- 2004 American Academy of Neurology, A. B. Baker Teacher Recognition Award, April 2004.
- 2004 National Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems (NAPH), Safety Net Community and Patient Service Award, Honorable Mention.
- 2004 Armour of the Faculty of Ain Shams University, December 2004.
- 2004 American Medical Association Physician's Recognition Award with Commendation, December 2004.
- 2005 Excellence in Care Award, The Vascular Disease Foundation, March 2005.
- 2005 American Medical Association, Young Physicians Section, Community Service Award, June 2005.
- 2005-2008, The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and National Committee for Quality Assurance, Achievement of Recognition for Delivery of Quality Cardiovascular and/or Stroke Care, August 2005.
- 2004-2005, America’s Top Physicians, Consumer Research Council of America, September 2005.
- 2005, Nominee, Alpha Omega Alpha, Robert J. Glaser Distinguished Teacher Award, November, 2005.
- 2005, The achievement award, Association of physicians of Pakistani descent, New Jersey chapter, November, 2005.
- 2005, American Heart Association’s Top 10 Research Advances for 2005, December 2005.
- 2006, Nominee, Golden Apple Award, The Alumuni association, New Jersey Medical School-UMDNJ and The New Jersey Medical School Student Council, March, 2006.
- 2007, Nominee Clinical Scholar award, 2007 Medical Staff Recognition awards of the University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, Minneapolis, Minnesota, July 2007.
- 2007, Nominee Minnesota Medical Association’s annual Physician Communicator award, Minneapolis, Minnesota, August 2007.
- 2007, American Academy of Neurology Leadership Development Program, Washington DC, March 2007.
- 2008, Nominee Clinical Scholar award, 2008 Medical Staff Recognition awards of the University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, Minneapolis, Minnesota, July 2008.
- 2010-2013, The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and National Committee for Quality Assurance, Achievement of Recognition for Delivery of Quality Cardiovascular and/or Stroke Care, 2010 (first recipient in state of Minnesota).
- 2010, Pfizer visting professorship-Neurology, University of Mississipi, Jackson, MS, September 21st, 2010.
- 2010, Clinical Scholar award, 2010 Medical Staff Recognition awards of the University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2010.
- 2011 American Academy of Neurology, A. B. Baker Teacher Recognition Award, April 2011.
- Qureshi AI, Qureshi MH, Siddiq F, Kainth D, Hassan AE, Maud A. Preprocedure change in arterial occlusion in acute ischemic stroke patients undergoing endovascular treatment by computed tomographic angiography. Am J Emerg Med. 2015 Feb 4. pii: S0735-6757(15)00056-X. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2015.01.054. [Epub ahead of print]
- Payabvash S, Qureshi MH, Taleb S, Pawar S, Qureshi AI. Middle Cerebral Artery Residual Contrast Stagnation on Noncontrast CT Scan Following Endovascular Treatment in Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients. J Neuroimaging. 2015 Feb 11. doi: 10.1111/jon.12211. [Epub ahead of print]
- Saeed F, Adil MM, Piracha BH, Qureshi AI. Acute Renal Failure Worsens In-hospital Outcomes in Patients with Intracerebral Hemorrhage. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2015 Feb 10. pii: S1052-3057(14)00570-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2014.11.012. [Epub ahead of print]
- Asaithambi G, Saravanapavan P, Rastogi V, Khan S, Bidari S, Khanna AY, Ganti L, Qureshi AI, Hedna VS. Isolated middle cerebral artery dissection: a systematic review. Int J Emerg Med. 2014 Dec 17;7(1):44. doi: 10.1186/s12245-014-0044-1. eCollection 2014.
- Qureshi AI, Qureshi MH, Khan AA, Suri MF. Effect of intra-arterial injection of lidocaine and methyl-prednisolone into middle meningeal artery on intractable headaches. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Dec;7(5):69-72.
- Herial NA, Khan AA, Suri MF, Sherr GT, Qureshi AI. Liquid embolization of brain arteriovenous malformation using novel detachable tip micro catheter: a technical report. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Dec;7(5):64-8.
- Kainth DS, Adil MM, Kainth HS, Dhaliwal JK, Qureshi AI. Unsustainable hospital charges are incurred in the treatment of Medicare beneficiaries admitted with subarachnoid hemorrhage. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Dec;7(5):56-63.
- Lobanova I, Qureshi AI. The association between cardiovascular risk factors and progressive hippocampus volume loss in persons with Alzheimer's disease. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Dec;7(5):52-5.
- Malik AA, Khan AA, Dingmann K, Qureshi MH, Thompson M, Suri MF, Wijetunga M, Qureshi AI. Percutaneous inferior cervical sympathetic ganglion blockade for the treatment of ventricular tachycardia storm: case report and review of the literature. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Dec;7(5):48-51.
- Emiru T, Adil MM, Suri MF, Qureshi AI. Thrombolytic treatment for in-hospital ischemic strokes in United States. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Dec;7(5):28-34.
- Zarar A, Zafar TT, Khan AA, Suri MF, Qureshi AI. Internal carotid artery stenosis associated with giant cell arteritis: case report and discussion. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Dec;7(5):24-7.
- Qureshi AI, Saed A, Tasneem N, Adil MM. Neuroanatomical correlates of atrial fibrillation: a longitudinal MRI study. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Dec;7(5):18-23.
- Herial NA, Khan AA, Thompson M, Suri MF, Qureshi AI. Flow-diversion headaches in a patient with high-grade internal carotid artery stenosis. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Dec;7(5):9-11.
- Qureshi AI, Chaudhry SA, Qureshi MH, Suri MF. Rates and predictors of 5-year survival in a national cohort of asymptomatic elderly patients undergoing carotid revascularization. 2015 Jan;76(1):34-40; discussion 40-1..
- Qureshi AI, Qureshi MH, Mohindroo T, Khan AA, Dingmann K, Sherr GT, Suri MF. Flow-independent dynamics in aneurysms: intra-aneurysm pressure measurements following complete flow cessation in internal carotid artery aneurysms. J Endovasc Ther. 2014 Dec;21(6):861-6. doi: 10.1583/14-4789R.1.
- Qureshi AI. A new draining or emissary vein originating from terminal segment of sigmoid venous sinus? J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Nov;7(4):39-40. No abstract available.
- Qureshi AI, Xia J, Zhang S. Progressive intracranial stenoses of the young. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Nov;7(4):38. No abstract available.
- Qureshi MH, Lobanova I, Khan MT, Khan AA, Qureshi AI. Horner's Syndrome Following Internal Carotid Artery Stent Placement. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Nov;7(4):36-7. No abstract available.
- Qureshi AI, Gilani WI, Gilani SI, Adil MM. Cephalometric Features of Moyamoya Disease: A case control study. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Nov;7(4):13-8.
- Qureshi AI, Jahangir N, Qureshi MH, Defillo A, Malik AA, Sherr GT, Suri MF. A Population-Based Study of the Incidence and Case Fatality of Non-aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. Neurocrit Care. 2014 Nov 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hedna VS, Bidari S, Gubernick D, Ansari S, Satriotomo I, Khan AA, Qureshi AI. Treatment of stroke related refractory brain edema using mixed vasopressin antagonism: a case report and review of the literature. BMC Neurol. 2014 Nov 18;14:213. doi: 10.1186/s12883-014-0213-0.
- Anderson CS, Qureshi AI. Implications of INTERACT2 and other clinical trials: blood pressure management in acute intracerebral hemorrhage. 2015 Jan;46(1):291-5.
- Adil MM, Qureshi AI, Beslow LA, Malik AA, Jordan LC. Factors Associated With Increased In-Hospital Mortality Among Children With Intracerebral Hemorrhage. J Child Neurol. 2014 Oct 27. pii: 0883073814552191. [Epub ahead of print]
- Majidi S, Watanabe M, Chaudhry SA, Qureshi AI. Flow-independent dynamics in aneurysm (FIDA): pressure measurements following partial and complete flow impairment in experimental aneurysm model. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Sep;7(3):41-5.
- Alfredo Caceres J, Greer DM, Goldstein JN, Viswanathan A, Suarez JI, Brau L, Zacko JC, Lowenkopf TJ, Miller CM, Shah QA, Chang I, Sen S, Messe SR, Chou SH, Qureshi AI. Enrollment of research subjects through telemedicine networks in a multicenter acute intracerebral hemorrhage clinical trial: design and methods. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Sep;7(3):34-40.
- Emiru T, Chaudhry SA, Qureshi AI. A survey of preprocedural intubation practices for endovascular treatment of acute ischemic stroke. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Sep;7(3):30-3.
- Qureshi AI, Adil MM, Miller Z, Suri M, Rahim B, Gilani SI, Gilani WI. Walk score and risk of stroke and stroke subtypes among town residents. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Sep;7(3):26-9.
- Asaithambi G, Adil MM, Chaudhry SA, Qureshi AI. Incidences of unruptured intracranial aneurysms and subarachnoid hemorrhage: results of a statewide study. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Sep;7(3):14-7.
- Siddiq F, Malik A, Qureshi AI. Response to 'Recession of microsurgical clipping in the modern era of intracranial aneurysm treatment'. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2014 Nov-Dec;23(10):2935. doi: 10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2014.05.007. Epub 2014 Sep 26. No abstract available.
- Saeed F, Adil MM, Piracha BH, Qureshi AI. Outcomes of endovascular versus intravenous thrombolytic treatment for acute ischemic stroke in dialysis patients. Int J Artif Organs. 2014 Oct;37(10):727-33. doi: 10.5301/ijao.5000349. Epub 2014 Sep 27.
- Qureshi AI, Malik AA, Freese M, Thompson MJ, Khan AA, Suri MF.Readministration of intravenous alteplase in acute ischemic stroke patients: case series and systematic review. Am J Emerg Med. 2015 Feb;33(2):307.e1-4. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2014.07.020. Epub 2014 Jul 31
- Qureshi AI, Palesch YY, Martin R, Toyoda K, Yamamoto H, Wang Y, Wang Y, Hsu CY, Yoon BW, Steiner T, Butcher K, Hanley DF, Suarez JI. Interpretation and Implementation of Intensive Blood Pressure Reduction in Acute Cerebral Hemorrhage Trial (INTERACT II). J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Jun;7(2):34-40. No abstract available.
- Qureshi AI, Gilani S, Adil MM, Majidi S, Hassan AE, Miley JT, Rodriguez GJ. Pattern of informed consent acquisition in patients undergoing emergent endovascular treatment for acute ischemic stroke. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014 Jun;7(2):21-5.