1. Missouri Orthopaedic Institute
2. University Hospital
Commercial Relationships and Collaborations
This faculty member or a member of his or her immediate family has a working relationship, such as providing consulting, research, or educational services, with the companies listed below. These relationships have been reported to the University of Missouri and, if appropriate, plans have been established to address potential conflicts. The following relationships were reported as of July 2017.
Education & Training
Maulana Azad Medical College
- University of Missouri Health Care
- University of Iowa
- Lok Nayak Hospital
- Washington University School of Medicine
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
In the News
1100 Virginia Ave.
Columbia, MO 65212
Areas of Expertise
- Adult reconstructive surgery
- Hip and knee replacement
- Hip resurfacing
- Hip arthroscopy
- Peri-acetabular ostetomy and impingement procedures
Awards & Honors
- 2002, (Sep)-03(Feb) Research fellow in joint reconstruction at Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore (United States).
- 2002 (Jun-July) Synos Foundation Fellowship in hip reconstruction under Prof Ganz at Inselspital, Switzerland.
- 2002 (Apr-May) Traveling fellowship in knee reconstruction under Dr Romero at Balgrist, Switzerland.
- 2001 Council of scientific research award for paper presentation at 2nd International ASAMI Conference, Rome.
- 1997-2000 Master of surgery in orthopedics (MS ortho). University of Delhi, India.
- 1997 Top percentile in the All India Post-Graduation Entrance Examination of Delhi University (Tenth in University).
- 1991 Top percentile in the All India Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) held by Delhi University.
GRANTS AND AWARDS
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association: Educational Grant $2500 for Senior residents to attend 2007 annual meeting for paper presentation.
- Presented "Correction of complex knee and foot deformities by Ilizarov Method,” at 2nd International Meeting of the ASAMI Rome (Italy), May 2001.By Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- "The Fate of The Unexpected Positive Intra-operative Culture Following Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty," Harley and Betty Baxter SOA Resident/Fellow Award Winning Paper to be presented at the podium during the Session on Total Knee at the 2007 Annual Meeting. 5. OREF Journal Club grant of $2500 for 2007-08
- Best Clinical paper MAOA meeting 2007: Ajay Aggarwal, R. Stephen J. Burnett, John C. Clohisy, Elie Ghanem, Meredith Warner, Javad Parvizi Robert L. Barrack. Mid America: "Effect of Prophylactic Pre-operative IV Antibiotic Administration on Intra-operative Cultures in Infected Total Knee Arthroplasty."
- Martino J, Peterson B, Thompson S, Cook JL, Aggarwal A. Day of Week and Surgery Location Effects on Stay Length and Cost for Total Joint Arthroplasty: Academic versus Orthopaedic-Specific Hospital. J Knee Surg. 2018 Oct;31(9):815-821.
- Tiwari A, Karkhur Y, Keeney JA, Aggarwal A. Rapid Destructive Osteoarthritis of the Hip after Intra Articular Steroid Injection: A Case Report and Literature Review. Arthroplast Today. 2018 Feb 15;4(2):184-186.
- Keeney J, Burger J, Aggarwal A, Hansen B. Dual Agent Antibiotic Prophylaxis Using a Single Preoperative Vancomycin Dose Effectively Reduces Prosthetic Joint Infection Rates with Minimal Renal Toxicity Risk. J Arthroplasty. 2018 Jul;33(7S):S213-S218.
- Kopinski JE, Aggarwal A, Nunley RM, Barrack RL, Nam D. Failure at the Tibial Cement Implant Interface With the Use of High-Viscosity Cement in Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2016 Nov;31(11):2579-2582.
- Thompson SF, Peterson BE, Aggarwal A. Acute, Recurrent Total Knee Dislocation: Polyethylene Dislocation and Malreduction. Arthroplast Today. 2015 Mar 20;1(1):7-10.
- Peterson BE, Aggarwal A, Bal S, Crist BD. Novel Technique: Knee Arthrodesis Using Trabecular Metal Cones With Intramedullary Nailing and Intramedullary Autograft. J Knee Surg. 2016 Aug;29(6):510-515.
- Parvizi J, Ghanem E, Sharkey P, Aggarwal A, Burnett RS, Barrack RL. Diagnosis of infected total knee: findings of multicenter database. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008 Nov;466(11):2628-33.
- Ghanem E, Parvizi J, Burnett RS, Sharkey PF, Keshavarzi N, Aggarwal A, Barrack RL. Cell count and differential of aspirated fluid in the diagnosis of infection at the site of total knee arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008 Aug;90(8):1637-43.
- Burnett RSJ, Aggarwal A, Givens SA, McClure JT, Morgan PM, Barrack RL. Prophylactic Antibiotics Do Not Affect Cultures in the Treatment of an Infected TKA: A Prospective Trial. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2010 Jan;468(1):127-34. doi: 10.1007/s11999-009-1014-4.