1. University Eye Institute East
Education & Training
University of Missouri School of Medicine
- University of Missouri Health Care
- University of Missouri Health Care
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surg
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
- Thyroid eye disease
- Dry eyes
Areas of Expertise
- Periocular skin lesion and chalazia (styes)
- Eyelid reconstruction
- Cosmetic eyelid surgery and periocular rejuvenation
- Ptosis (drooping eyelids) and dermatochalasis (excess eyelid skin)
- Tear duct probing - for congenital tear duct obstruction
- Thyroid (Graves) eye disease
- Orbital tumor and inflammatory syndromes
- Eyelid, orbital and lacrimal system trauma
- Eyelid malposition (i.e. entropion, ectropion, retraction)
- Benign essential blepharospasm
- Tearing secondary to NLDO, punctual stenosis and eyelid malposition
Awards & Honors
- 2017: “Columbia’s Favorite Doctors,” Inside Columbia Magazine’s 2017 Medical Guide
- 2016: Life Sciences Seed Grant, University of Missouri, Co-PI with Gary Weisman, $100,000 award
- 2016: Annual Resident Alumni Day, Mason Eye Institute. Best research project, awarded to Mack Savage, MD.
- 2015: B. Dobli Srinivasan Award, Residents – Fellows Research Day, Best Clinical Research Paper, Columbia University, Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, June 11, 2015
- 2015: Research grant award, Liesegang Fund for Clinical Research in Ophthalmology
- 2015: International Oculoplastics Rotation, preceptor Dr. Alan McNabb, Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Melbourne, Australia, March 30 – April 5, 2015.
- 2013-2015: Research and travel award from the Orbital Disease Education and Research Foundation Inc.
- 2012: Mason Eye Institute travel grant for an oral presentation at the American Academy of Ophthalmology meeting
- 2011: MOSEPS Travel Scholarship to the American Academy of Ophthalmology Mid-Year Forum
- 2011: Mason Eye Institute Travel award for the American Academy of Ophthalmology Mid-Year Forum
- 2009: John Aure Buesseler, MD Award for Excellence in Ophthalmology, May 15, 2009
- 2008 – 2009: Honors in Ophthalmology, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dermatology, Pathology, Immunology and Rheumatology
- Petric C, Liu D. Probing for congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2017 Jul 12;7:CD0111109 doi: 10.1002/14651858
- Habib L, Son JH, Petris C, Kazim M. Spontaneous regression of inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the orbit: A case report and review of literature. Orbit. 2017 June36(3):178-182.
- Callahan AB, Campbell AA, Petris, C, Kazim, M. 2017. Low-Cost 3D printing orbital implant templates in secondary orbital reconstructions. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. Epub ahead of print.
- Habib, L, Son, Jung, Petris, C, Kazim, M. Spontaneous regression of inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the orbit: a case report and review of the literature. Submitted to Orbit, In press.
- Barrett, D, Petris, C, Garrido Hermosilla, AM, Oktavec, K, Mansukhani, M, Kazim, M. 2016. Intraorbital granuloma annulare in an elderly patient. Orbit. 35(3):170-2.
- Charles, N, Petris, C, Kim, ET. 2016. Aggressive esthesioneuroblastoma with divergent differentiation: A taxonomic dilemma. Orbit.
- Callahan, AB, Meyers, PM, Garrity, JA, Son, JH, Petris, C, Kazim, M. 2016. Low flow arterialized-venous malformations of the orbit. OPRS. Jun 14. Epub ahead of print.
- Lo, C, Petris, C, Haberman, I, Charles, N. 2015. Arteriovenous malformation of the eyelid: surgical management and histologic study.” Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. Epub ahead of print. March 18, 2015. PMID 25794029.
- Petris, C, Liu, D. Probing for congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 5. Art. No.: CD011109. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD011109.
- Kent, T, Petris, CK, Holds, JB. 2015. Effect of surgical myectomy on subsequent chemodenervation in the management of benign essential blepharospasm.” Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 31(3):222-226.
- Petris, CK, Holds, JB. 2014. Reply: Re: “Medial conjunctival resection for tearing associated with conjunctivochalasis.” Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 30(4), 355.