Education & Training
University of Missouri School of Medicine
University of Missouri Health Care
University of Missouri Health Care
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surg
American Board of Ophthalmology
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
- Thyroid eye disease
- Dry eyes
Areas of Expertise
- Periocular skin lesion and chalazia (styes)
- Eyelid reconstruction
- Cosmetic eyelid surgery and periocular rejuvenation
- Ptosis (drooping eyelids) and dermatochalasis (excess eyelid skin)
- Tear duct probing - for congenital tear duct obstruction
- Thyroid (Graves) eye disease
- Orbital tumor and inflammatory syndromes
- Eyelid, orbital and lacrimal system trauma
- Eyelid malposition (i.e. entropion, ectropion, retraction)
- Benign essential blepharospasm
- Tearing secondary to NLDO, punctual stenosis and eyelid malposition
Awards & Honors
- 2017: “Columbia’s Favorite Doctors,” Inside Columbia Magazine’s 2017 Medical Guide
- 2016: Life Sciences Seed Grant, University of Missouri, Co-PI with Gary Weisman, $100,000 award
- 2016: Annual Resident Alumni Day, Mason Eye Institute. Best research project, awarded to Mack Savage, MD.
- 2015: B. Dobli Srinivasan Award, Residents – Fellows Research Day, Best Clinical Research Paper, Columbia University, Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, June 11, 2015
- 2015: Research grant award, Liesegang Fund for Clinical Research in Ophthalmology
- 2015: International Oculoplastics Rotation, preceptor Dr. Alan McNabb, Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Melbourne, Australia, March 30 – April 5, 2015.
- 2013-2015: Research and travel award from the Orbital Disease Education and Research Foundation Inc.
- 2012: Mason Eye Institute travel grant for an oral presentation at the American Academy of Ophthalmology meeting
- 2011: MOSEPS Travel Scholarship to the American Academy of Ophthalmology Mid-Year Forum
- 2011: Mason Eye Institute Travel award for the American Academy of Ophthalmology Mid-Year Forum
- 2009: John Aure Buesseler, MD Award for Excellence in Ophthalmology, May 15, 2009
- 2008 – 2009: Honors in Ophthalmology, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dermatology, Pathology, Immunology and Rheumatology
- Petric C, Liu D. Probing for congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2017 Jul 12;7:CD0111109 doi: 10.1002/14651858
- Habib L, Son JH, Petris C, Kazim M. Spontaneous regression of inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the orbit: A case report and review of literature. Orbit. 2017 June36(3):178-182.
- Callahan AB, Campbell AA, Petris, C, Kazim, M. 2017. Low-Cost 3D printing orbital implant templates in secondary orbital reconstructions. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. Epub ahead of print.
- Habib, L, Son, Jung, Petris, C, Kazim, M. Spontaneous regression of inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the orbit: a case report and review of the literature. Submitted to Orbit, In press.
- Barrett, D, Petris, C, Garrido Hermosilla, AM, Oktavec, K, Mansukhani, M, Kazim, M. 2016. Intraorbital granuloma annulare in an elderly patient. Orbit. 35(3):170-2.
- Charles, N, Petris, C, Kim, ET. 2016. Aggressive esthesioneuroblastoma with divergent differentiation: A taxonomic dilemma. Orbit.
- Callahan, AB, Meyers, PM, Garrity, JA, Son, JH, Petris, C, Kazim, M. 2016. Low flow arterialized-venous malformations of the orbit. OPRS. Jun 14. Epub ahead of print.
- Lo, C, Petris, C, Haberman, I, Charles, N. 2015. Arteriovenous malformation of the eyelid: surgical management and histologic study.” Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. Epub ahead of print. March 18, 2015. PMID 25794029.
- Petris, C, Liu, D. Probing for congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 5. Art. No.: CD011109. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD011109.
- Kent, T, Petris, CK, Holds, JB. 2015. Effect of surgical myectomy on subsequent chemodenervation in the management of benign essential blepharospasm.” Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 31(3):222-226.
- Petris, CK, Holds, JB. 2014. Reply: Re: “Medial conjunctival resection for tearing associated with conjunctivochalasis.” Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 30(4), 355.