Education & Training
Beirut Arab University Faculty Of Medicine
- Presence St Francis Hospital - Evanston
- Baylor College of Medicine
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
In the News
1020 Hitt St
Columbia, MO 65212
- HIV prevention, Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
Areas of Expertise
- Infectious Diseases
Awards & Honors
- 2020 Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health, University of Texas, School of Public health, Houston, TX
- 2020 Outstanding Clerkship Didactic, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- 2018 Polly Sparks Turner endowed scholarship in community health, University of Texas, School of Public health, Houston, TX
- 2018 Journal Club Award for the best presentations, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- 2016 Resident Research Award, Presence Saint Francis Hospital, IL
- 2015 American College of Physicians (ACP) awarded the Certificate of Appreciation in recognition to commitment to a career in Internal Medicine and to qualities that exemplify the ACP’s mission presented by the ACP governor
- 2015 Harry Kurz Memorial Award for excellence in Teaching by an Internal Medicine Resident, Presence Saint Francis Hospital, IL
- 2009 Full scholarship to the 2009 H.E.L.P. Summer Institute at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (JHSPH).
- Dandachi D, Geiger G, Montgomery MW, et al. Characteristics, Comorbidities, and Outcomes in a Multicenter Registry of Patients with HIV and Coronavirus Disease-19. Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Sep 9.
- Dandachi D, De Groot A, Rajabiun S, et al. Reliability and Validity of a Brief Self-Report Adherence Measure among People with HIV Experiencing Homelessness and Mental Health or Substance Use Disorders. AIDS Behav. 2020 Jul 14.
- Shyu D, Dorroh J, Holtmeyer C, Ritter D, Upendran A, Kannan R, Dandachi D, at al. Laboratory Tests for COVID-19: A Review of Peer-Reviewed Publications and Implications for Clinical Use. Mo Med. 2020 May-Jun;117(3):184-195.
- Patil SM, Beck PP, Arora N, Acevedo BA, Dandachi D. Primary cutaneous cryptococcal infection due to fingolimod - Induced lymphopenia with literature review. IDCases. 2020 May 15.
- Dandachi D, Dang BN, Lucari B, et al. Acceptability and preferences for long-acting antiretroviral formulations among people with HIV infection. AIDS Care. 2020 May 14:1-9.
- Dandachi D, Reece R, Wang EW, et al. Treating COVID-19 in Rural America. J Rural Health. 2020 May 3.
- Dandachi D, Freytag J, Giordano TP, Dang BN. It is Time to Include Telehealth in Our Measure of Patient Retention in HIV Care. AIDS Behav. 2020 Apr 27.
- Dandachi D, Dang BN, Lucari B, et al. Exploring the Attitude of Patients with HIV About Using Telehealth for HIV Care. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2020 Apr;34(4):166-172.
- Wilson Dib R, Dandachi D, Matar M, et al. HIV in Lebanon: Reasons for Testing, Engagement in Care, and Outcomes in Patients with Newly Diagnosed HIV Infections. AIDS Behav. 2020 Jan 21.
- Chong I, Ostrom Q, Khan B, Dandachi D, et al. Whole Tumor Histogram Analysis Using DW MRI in Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma Correlates with Tumor Biomarkers and Outcome. Cancers (Basel). 2019 Oct 8;11(10).
- Dib RW, Khalil M, Fares J, Hachem RY, Jiang Y, Dandachi D, et al. Invasive pulmonary aspergillosis: comparative analysis in cancer patients with underlying hematologic malignancies versus solid tumors. J Hosp Infect. 2020 Mar;104(3):358-364.
- Patil SM, Arora N, Nilsson P, Yasar SJ, Dandachi D, Salzer WL. Native Valve Infective Endocarditis with Osteomyelitis and Brain Abscess Caused by Granulicatella adiacens with Literature Review. Case Rep Infect Dis. 2019 Jul 30;2019
- Dandachi D, Ostrom QT, Chong I, et al. Primary central nervous system lymphoma in patients with and without HIV infection: a multicenter study and comparison with U.S national data. Cancer Causes Control. 2019;30(5):477-488.
- Dandachi D, May SB, Davila JA, et al. The Association of Unmet Needs With Subsequent Retention in Care and HIV Suppression Among Hospitalized Patients With HIV Who Are Out of Care. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2019;80(1):64-72.
- Dandachi D, Lee C, Morgan RO, et al. Integration of telehealth services in the healthcare system: with emphasis on the experience of patients living with HIV. J Investig Med. 2019;67(5):815-820
- Yalamanchili H, Dandachi D, Okhuysen PC. Use and Interpretation of Enteropathogen Multiplex Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests in Patients With Suspected Infectious Diarrhea. Gastroenterol Hepatol (N Y). 2018;14(11):646-652.
- Wilson Dib R, Chaftari AM, Hachem RY, Yuan Y, Dandachi D, Raad II. Catheter-Related Staphylococcus aureus Bacteremia and Septic Thrombosis: The Role of Anticoagulation Therapy and Duration of Intravenous Antibiotic Therapy. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2018;5(10):ofy249.
- Dandachi D, Wilson Dib R, Fernández-Cruz A, et al. Invasive pulmonary aspergillosis in patients with solid tumors: risk factors and predictors of clinical outcomes. Ann Med. 2018:1-8.
- Dandachi D, Hassan M, Kaseb A, et al. Hepatitis C virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma as a second primary malignancy: exposing an overlooked presentation of liver cancer. J Hepatocell Carcinoma. 2018; 5:81-86.
- Dandachi D, Dang BN, Wilson Dib R, et al. Knowledge of HIV Testing Guidelines Among US Internal Medicine Residents: A Decade After the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Routine HIV Testing Recommendations. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2018;32(5):175-180.
- Dandachi D, Rodriguez-Barradas MC. Viral pneumonia: etiologies and treatment. J Investig Med. 2018;66(6):957-965.
- Angelidakis G, Hwang JP, Dandachi D, et al. Universal screening for hepatitis C: A needed approach in patients with hematologic malignancies. J Viral Hepat. 2018;25(9):1102-1104.