Education & Training
Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of Missouri Kansas City
- University of Kansas
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
In the News
- Bladder cancer quality of life outcomes
- Life after radical cystectomy
- Urinary diversion options after radical cystectomy
- High risk kidney cancer treatments
- Minimally invasive techniques for urological malignancies
- MRI fusion biopsy and prostate cancer
Areas of Expertise
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney (renal) cancer
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Prostate cancer
- Robotic surgery
- Testicular cancer
- Urologic oncology
- Urologic reconstructive surgery
Awards & Honors
- 2015 Top 10 Abstract Award Engineering in Urology (EUS)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Urological Oncology Fellowship Didactics Coordinator 2015
- 2010 Missouri Chapter of the American College of Surgeons 1st Place in Poster Presentation Competition.
- 2011 SMRU (Society for Male Reproduction and Urology) Travelling Scholars Program Award Recipient to attend ASRM 2011.
- 2012 Resident Essay 2nd place winner at South Central Section of the American Urological Association
- Selected to The Leading Physicians of the World 2012
- 2013 Best of AUA Annual Meeting Abstract Award
- 2014 Urology Resident Preceptorship in Robotic Surgery-Ohio State University
- 2014 The Right Fit H.E.R.O. Resident Award Nominee and top 100 finalist
- British Journal of Urology International Featured Article of the Week August 2015.
- Abstract chosen for publication on UroToday.com August 2015.
- OShaughnessy MJ*, Murray KS*, LaRosa SP, Budhu S, Merghoub T, Monette S, Kim K, Corradi RB, Scherz A, and Coleman JA. “PD1/PDL1 Inhibition Synergizes Vascular-Targeted Photodynamic Therapy (VTP) to Control Primary Renal Tumor Growth and Prevent Lung Metastasis.” Submitted to Clin Cancer Res. 2016.
- Spaliviero M*, Murray KS*, Eastham JA. “Li-Fraumeni Syndrome-Related Malignancies Involving the Genitourinary Tract: A Case Report and Review of a Single-Institution Experience.” Submitted to J Urol. 2016.
- Murray KS, Vertosick EA, Spaliviero M, Mashni J, Sjoberg DD, Herr H, Russo P, and Coleman J. “Importance of Wide Resection in Adult Spermatic Cord Sarcomas: Report on Oncologic Outcomes at a Single Institution.” Submitted to Urology. 2016.
- Murray KS, Liu N, Russo P. “Progression from Tubulovillous Adenoma to High Grade Adenocarcinoma in Indiana Pouch Urinary Diversion.” Submitted to Int J Urol. 2016.
- Liu N, Murray KS, Donat SM, Herr H, Bochner B, Dalbagni G. “The Outcome of Post-Chemotherapy Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection in Patients with Metastatic Bladder Cancer in the Retroperitoneum.” Submitted to BJUI. 2016.
- Murray KS, Akin O, Coleman JA. “Irreversible Electroporation (IRE) for Prostate Cancer as Salvage Treatment Following Prior Radiation and Cryotherapy.” Submitted to Can J Urol. 2016.
- Corradi RB, LaRosa S, Jebiwott S, Murray KS, Rosenzweig B, Somma A, Scherz A, Kim K, Coleman JA. “Effects of the Combination of Vascular Targeted Photodynamic Therapy and Anti-CTLA-4 in a Pre-Clinical Urothelial Carcinoma Model.” Submitted to Urol Onc. 2016.
- Bagrodia A, Kaffenberger S, Winer A, Murray KS, Vacchio M, Zheng J, Ostrovnaya I, Cha EK, Coleman JA. “Timing of Blood Transfusion and Oncologic Outcomes in Patients Treated with Radical Nephroureterectomy for Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma.” Submitted to Eur Urol. 2016.
- Murray KS. “Data on PDE-5I Renoprotective Role Fail to Match Early Results.” Urology Times. Apr 2016.
- Murray KS, Zabor EC, Spaliviero M, Russo P, Bazzi WM, Musser JE, Hakimi AA, Bernstein ML, Dalbagni G, Coleman JA, and Furberg-Barnes H. “Second Primary Malignancies in Renal Cortical Neoplasms: An Updated Evaluation from a Single Institution.” World J Urol. 2016, doi: 10.1007/s00345-016-1832-4. [In Press].
- Murray KS, Ehdaie B, Musser J, Mashni J, Srimathveeravalli G, Durack JC, Solomon SB, and Coleman JA. “Pilot Study to Assess Safety and Clinical Outcomes of Irreversible Electroporation (IRE) for Partial Gland Ablation in Men with Prostate Cancer.” J Urol. 2016; 196(3): 883-90.
- Murray KS, Winter A, Corradi RB, LaRosa S, Jebiwott S, Somma A, Takaki H, Srimathveeravalli G, Lepherd M, Monette S, Kim K, Scherz A, and Coleman JA. “Treatment Effects of WST11 Vascular Targeted Photodynamic Therapy in Urothelial Cell Carcinoma and Feasibility, Safety, and Long Term Outcomes in the Upper Urinary Tract of Swine.” J Urol. 2016; 196(1): 236-43.
- Whitson JM, Murray KS and Thrasher JB. “Prostate Biopsy is associated with an Increased Risk of Erectile Dysfunction.” J Urol. 2016; 196(1): 21-3.
- Murray K, Parker W, Stephany H, Redger K, Mirza M, Lopez-Corona E, Holzbeierlein JM, and Lee EK. “Venous Thromboembolism following Radical Cystectomy: Experience with Screening Ultrasounds.” Arab J Urol. 2016; 14(1): 37-43.
- Murray KS. “Bladder Cancer Tests: What Factors Impact Results?” Urology Times. Feb 2016.
- Murray KS and Thrasher JB. “Have We Underestimated Erectile Dysfunction after Prostate Biopsy?” AUANews. 2015; 20(12): 11.
- Murray KS, Mullen S, Behravesh B, Brimacombe M, Carlton E, Roop L, and Unruh G. “Creating Improved Communication Between Nursing and Physicians: Importance of Collaboration within a Hospital System.” IJIER. 2015; 3(11): 85-91.
- Aberger M, Murray K, Broghammer J, and Duchene D. “Robotic-Assisted Epigastric Artery Harvest: A Novel Approach to Penile Revascularization.” Videourology. Jan 2015. doi:10.1089/vid.2015.0043.
- Murray KS, Behravesh B, Roop L, Unruh G, Pal A, and Ator GA. “Creation and Implementation of a New Handoff System in the Electronic Medical Record at a Single Institution.” Health Care and Informatics Review Online. 2015; 19(1):1-8.
- Murray KS, Arther A, Zuk K, Mirza M, Lee E, Lopez-Corona E, and Holzbeierlein J. “Can We Predict the Need for Clean Intermittent Catheterization after Orthotopic Neobladder Construction?” Indian J Urol. 2015; 31(4): 333-338.
- Flores DM, Murray KS, Griebling T, and Broghammer J. “Transrectal Ultrasound Guided Needle Aspiration of a Prostatic Abscess: Salvage Treatment after Failed Transurethral Resection.” Urology Case Reports. 2015; 3:101-102.
- Williams T, Rodriquez R, Murray K, Kovaleski A, Madan R, and Van Veldhuizen P. “Metastatic Papillary Renal Cell Carcinoma Regression after Cytoreductive Nephrectomy.” Urology. 2015; 85(2): 283-87.
- Murray KS, Bailey J, Zuk K, Lopez-Corona E, and Thrasher JB. “A Prospective Study of Erectile Function after Transrectal Ultrasound and Prostate Biopsy.” BJU Int. 2015; 116(2): 190-5.
- Murray KS, Mirza M, Zainfeld D, Lopez-Corona E, Thrasher JB, and Duchene D. “22 Modifier Reimbursement for Patients Undergoing Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy at a Tertiary Referral Center.” Urology Practice. 2014; 1(4): 169-71.
- Murray KS, Griffin J, Feng Y, Mirza M, Thrasher JB, Lopez-Corona E, and Duchene DA. “Modifier 22 on Perioperative Outcomes of Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy.” Can J Urol. 2014; 21(4): 7385-89.
- Murray KS, James A, McGeady JB, Reed ML, Kuang WW, and Nangia AK. “The Effect of the New 2010 World Health Organization Criteria for Semen Analyses on Male Infertility.” Fertil Steril. 2012 Dec; 98(6): 1428-31.
- Murray KS, Gilbert M, Ricci LR, Khare NR, and Broghammer J. “Penile Fracture and Magnetic Resonance Imaging.” Int Braz J Urol. 2012; 38(2): 287-8.
- Murray K and Nangia A. “Fertility Preservation in the Male: From Childhood to Adulthood, Stem Cells to Spermatozoa.” ASRM Newsletter. Spring 2012.
- Murray K. “Ulcerative Colitis: A Case Presentation.” Cape County Medical Journal. April 2009, Vol. 59 (4), 7-9.
- Murray K. “Malignant Melanoma: A Case Presentation.” Cape County Medical Journal. July 2008, Vol. 58 (7), 7-9.