Education & Training
Allied Health School
- John Cochrane VA Medical Center
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
Areas of Expertise
- Medical optometry
- Binocular vision evaluations
- Specialty contact lens assessments/fittings
- Low vision care
- General/ocular health evaluations for all ages
Awards & Honors
- Anterior Segment Laser Certification - July 2006
- Advanced Competence in Medical Optometry since June 2009
- Nazarian SM, Shaon KY, et al. Bilateral Optic Neuropathy After Erythematous Rash. J of Neuroophthalmology. 2015 June; 35(2) 205-209.
- Conjunctival lesion and anterior segment lesions. Presented at Southeastern Educational Congress of Optometry (SECO) Annual Meeting - February 2007
- Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia and the retinal vascular effects. Presented at Southeastern Educational Congress of Optometry (SECO) Annual Meeting, Primary author - February 2008
- Spots, spots everywhere but not a spot to see – Presented at North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society 39th Annual Meeting, Frank Walsh Session, (NANOS), Secondary author – February 2013.
- A Severe Case of Ocular Ischemic Syndrome. Presented at American Academy of Optometry (AAO) Annual Meeting, Secondary author – October 2013.
- Diplopia and Bilateral Optic Nerve Edema: A Case of Lateral Sinus Thrombosis (LST) Secondary to Mastoditis in the Pediatric Patient. Presented at American Academy of Optometry (AAO) Annual Meeting, October 2017.
- Leptomeningeal Carcinoma Found on Routine Eye Exam. Presented at American Academy of Optometry (AAO) Annual Meeting, October 2017.
- Bilateral Infiltrative Optic Neuropathy and Retinopathy Secondary to Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. Presented of the Heart of America of America Eye Congress, February 2018.