Education & Training
Ribeirao Preto School of Medicine
Ribeirao Preto Medical School
Medical University of Hannover
Brazilian Orthopedic Society
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
1100 Virginia Ave.
Columbia, MO 65212
Areas of Expertise
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Orthopaedic trauma surgery
- Knee surgery
Awards & Honors
- James P. Stannard and Carolyn A. Stannard Distinguished Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery – 2016
- Honorary member of Paraguayan Orthopedic Society – 2014
- Honorary member of Bolivian Orthopedic Society – 2014
- Honorary member of Peruvian Orthopedic Society – 2009
- Faidiga GB, Cury A, Kfuri Jr. M, Paccola CAJ, Fogagnolo F – Comparison between conventional uniplanar external fixator and pinless fixator for provisional fixation of the tibia. Best Poster Presentation at 12nd. Congress of São Paulo Orthopedic Society - 2008
- Honorary member of Venezuelan AO Trauma Chapter – 2007
- Kfuri Jr. M, Goesling T, Wesphal R, Wahl F, Hüfner T, Krettek C–Robotic assisted reduction for diaphyseal femoral fractures – Best Oral presentation at XI Brazilian Orthopedic Trauma Congress – 2005
- Fogagnolo F, Marcondes CRR, Azi M, Kfuri Jr. M, Paccola CAJ – Internal fixation of femoral neck fractures. 3rd. Place – Oral presentation at XI Brazilian Orthopedic Trauma Congress – 2005
- Picado CH, Garcia FH, Kfuri Jr. M, Paccola CAJ – Bone Transport Under the Plate – A new proposal for managing segmentar bone defects. - 1st. place – Oral presentation – 2nd. AOLAT / AO Alumni Retreat – Punta Cana – Dominican Republic – 2004
- Honorary Certificate – Hannover Medical School – MHH Ehrenzertifikat 2003 – Offered by a group of students that I supported along my stay in Hannover.
- Brazilian Orthopedic Society 1993-present
- Brazilian Knee Society 1995-present
- Brazilian Orthopedic Trauma Society 2001-present
- AOTrauma 2009-present
- AO Alumni Association 1997-2009
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons 2000
- SLARD – Latin America Arthroscopy Society 1997-present
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA) 2015-present
- Mid-America Orthopedic Association 2018-present
Selections from more than 60 peer-reviewed publications:
- Kfuri M, Schatzker J. Revisiting the Schatzker classification of tibial plateau fractures. Injury. 2018;49(12):2252-2263.
- Castiglia MT, Nogueira-Barbosa MH, Messias AMV, Salim R, Fogagnolo F, Schatzker J, Kfuri M. The impact of computed tomography on decision making in tibial plateau fractures. J Knee Surg. 2018;31(10):1007-1014.
- Albuquerque Ii JB, Pfeiffer F, Stannard JP, Cook JL, Kfuri M. Onlay reconstruction of the posterior cruciate ligament: biomechanical comparison of unicortical and bicortical tibial fixation. J Knee Surg. October 2018.
- Domingues PC, Serenza F de S, Muniz TB, de Oliveira LFL, Salim R, Fogagnolo F, Kfuri M Jr, Ferreira AM. The relationship between performance on the modified star excursion balance test and the knee muscle strength before and after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Knee. 2018;25(4):588-594.
- Pires RE, Giordano V, Fogagnolo F, Yoon RS, Liporace FA, Kfuri M. Algorithmic treatment of Busch-Hoffa distal femur fractures: A technical note based on a modified Letenneur classification. Injury. 2018;49(8):1623-1629.
- Ferreira RAFH, Mascarenhas LB, Salim R, Ferreira AM, Fogagnolo F, Kfuri M. Replacement versus non-replacement of the patellar joint surface in total knee arthroplasty. Acta Ortop Bras. 2018;26(3):175-178.
- Salim R, Nascimento FM do, Ferreira AM, Oliveira LFL de, Fogagnolo F, Kfuri M. Tibial onlay posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: surgical technique and results. J Knee Surg. 2018;31(3):284-290.
- Fogagnolo F, Salim R, Kfuri M. A simple technique to prevent early or late endobutton deployment in anterior cruciate ligament reconstructions: a technical note. J Knee Surg. 2018;31(1):75-77.
- Kfuri M, Schatzker J. Corrective intra-articular osteotomies for tibial plateau malunion. J Knee Surg. 2017;30(8):784-792.
- Oladeji LO, Stannard JP, Cook CR, Kfuri M, Crist BD, Smith MJ, Cook JL. Effects of autogenous bone marrow aspirate concentrate on radiographic integration of femoral condylar osteochondral allografts. Am J Sports Med. 2017;45(12):2797-2803.
Click here to access a complete list of Dr. Kfuri's publications.