Education & Training
University of Texas Health Science Center Houston
- University of Southern California
- University of Southern California
Commercial Relationships and Collaborations
This faculty member or a member of his or her immediate family has a working relationship, such as providing consulting, research, or educational services, with the companies listed below. These relationships have been reported to the University of Missouri and, if appropriate, plans have been established to address potential conflicts. The following relationships were reported as of July 2017.
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
In the News
- Neural stem cells in neuro-oncology
- Brain tumors
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Areas of Expertise
- Brain tumors
- Pituitary tumors
- Vestibular schwannomas
- Rachaudhuri R, Litofsky NS: Which TBI patients should be treated with anti-coagulants and when? Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics. 3:237-239, 2014. Early on-line February 10, 2014. doi: 10.1586/14737175.2014.888652
- Litofsky NS, Farooqui A, Tanaka T, Norregaard T: Use of the Electronic Medical Record to Track Continuity of Care in a Neurosurgical Residency. Journal of Graduate Medical Education 6:507-511, 2014. Published on-line June 14, 2014. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.4300/JGME-D-13-00294.1
- Krug J, Litofsky NS: Relationship of Balance and Mobility Status to Quality of Life in Patients with Primary Brain Tumors: A Pilot Study. International Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2:3. Published on-line May, 23, 2014. Doi 10.4172/2329-9096.1000196
- Sarpong Y, Ryder J, Litofsky NS: Augmentation of Patient Health Care Choices for Morbid Obesity by Use of Computer Decision Analysis. Journal of Computer Science and System Biology 7: 144-148, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/jcsb.1000149
- Sarpong Y, Litofsky MB, Litofsky NS: A paradigm shift in the radiation treatment of brain metastases. Journal of Tumor 2:223-230, 2014. doi.10.6051/j.issn.1819-6187.2014.02.53
- Ogles RL, Joshi CL, Miller DC, Litofsky NS, Travis MD: Leukoencepalopthy, cerebral calcifications, and cysts in two sisters. Pediatric Neurology 51:576-579, 2014. doi: 10.1016/j.pediatricneurol.2014.06.007
- Campbell J, Miller DC, Cundiff D, Feng Q, Litofsky NS: Sox2 immunopositivity in reactive neural stem cells. SpringerPlus 4:53, 2015. Published on-line February 3, 2015. doi: 10.1186/s40064-015-0807-z
- Makler V, Litofsky NS: Successful treatment of dysgeusia after middle-ear surgery with amitriptyline: case report. American Journal of Otolaryngology 36:456-459, 2015. Published on-line January 15, 2015. 10.1016/j.amjoto.2015.01.010
- Litofsky NS: Perspective: making dissection planes for cranioplasty after decompressive craniectomy easier. World Neurosurgery. doi: 10.1016/j.wneu.2015.05.079. Published on-line ahead of print June 11, 2015.
- Lee E, Rath P, Liu J, Ryu D, Pei L, Noonepalle SK, Shull AY, Feng Q, Litofsky NS, Miller DC, Anthony DC, Kirk MD, Laterra JJ, Xin H, Wang X, Choi J-H, Shi H: Identification of global DNA methylation signatures in glioblastoma-derived cancer stem cells. Journal of Genetics and Genomics 42:355-371, 2015.
- Bartels A, Sarpong Y, Coberly J, Hughes N, Litt J, Quick J, Kessel J, Nelson C, Coughenour J, Barnes SL, Litofsky NS, Hammer R, Ahmad S: Failure of the platelet function assay (PFA)-100 to detect antiplatelet agents. Surgery 158:1012-1018, 2015.
- 63. Buzzola R,Touza M, Litofsky NS, Brietzke S, Sowers J: A Possible New Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Mutation in a Patient with a Prototypic MEN Presentation. Cardio-Renal Medicine 6:129-134, 2016.
- Tanaka T, Harris CJ, Barnett SS, Litofsky NS: Successful treatment of hydrocephalus in Walker-Warburg Syndrome with endoscopic third ventriculostomy and choroid plexus cauterization. Submitted.
- Spurgeon A, Le V, Miller DC, Hopkins T, Litofsky NS: High-grade glioma of the ventrolateral medulla in an adult: case presentation and discussion of surgical considerations. Case Reports in Neurological Medicine. Volume 2016, Article 6813089, 9 pages. Doi:10.1155/2016/6813089.
- Litofsky NS, Martin S, Diaz J, Ge B, Petroski G, Miller DC, Barnes SL: The negative impact of anemia from traumatic brain injury. World Neurosurgery 90:82-90, 2016. Published on-line ahead of print February 24, 2016.
- Sarpong Y, Litofsky NS: When less is more – the value of stereotactic biopsy in the era of cytoreductive surgery. Journal of Tumor. 4:374-377, 2016.
- Litofsky NS: Coagulopathy in head trauma – as complicated as ever. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care 1: (2): 11, 2016.
- Travers S, Martin S, Litofsky NS: The effects of anemia and transfusion on patients with traumatic brain injury: a review. Brain Injury. DOI:10.1080/02699052.2016.1199907. published on-line September 28, 2016.
- Tanaka T, Litofsky NS: Anti-epileptic drugs in pediatric traumatic brain injury. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics 16:1229-1234, 2016. . Published on-line ahead of print June 13, 2016. Doi.org/10.1080/14737175.2016.1200974
- Tanaka T, McEwan T, Harris C, Barnett S, Muzaffar A, Huber D, Litofsky NS: Importance of multi-disciplinary team approach in Feingold Syndrome. Current Pediatrics Research 20:137-141, 2016