Education & Training
Kurashiki Central Hospital
Mayo Clinic Hospital, National Cerebral and Cardiovascular Center
Japanese Board of Cardiovascular Surgery
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
- Clinical trials
Areas of Expertise
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Valve repair/replacement
- Aortic surgery
- Maze Procedure
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
Awards & Honors
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons (international member)
- Eastern Cardiothoracic Surgical Society
- Asian Society for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Japan Surgical Society
- Japanese Association for Thoracic Surgery
- Japanese Society for Cardiovascular Surgery (international member)
- Japanese Society for Vascular Surgery
- Japanese Circulation Society
- Japanese College of Angiology
- Japanese Conference for Advanced Heart&Vascular Surgery/OPCAB
- Young Investigators Award
17th annual meeting of the Asian Society for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Best Poster Award
20th annual meeting of the Asian Society for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
3/9/2012 Bali, Indonesia
- First prize in OPCAB contest
17th annual meeting of the Japanese Association for Coronary Artery Surgery
7/13/2012 Tokyo, Japan
Ad-hoc Manuscript Review
- Acta Cardiologica Sinica
- American Journal of Cardiology
- Asian Journal of Endoscopic Surgery
- Current Cardiology Reviews
- Current Hypertension Reviews
- European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Interactive CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery
- International Heart Journal
- Interventional Cardiology Review
- Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Journal of Thoracic Disease
- MedCrave Online Journal of Surgery
- Peer J
- Surgery Today
Associate Editor Online Journal of Cardiovascular Research
Editorial Board Annals of Translational Medicine
- Murashita T, Roberts HG, Wei LM, Rankin JS, Badhwar V. Providing equipoise in the management of patients after surgical ablation with the Cox-Maze IV. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018;156:152-3.
- Murashita T, Rankin JS, Wei LM, Roberts HG, Alkhouli MA, Badhwar V. Oral anticoagulation may not be necessary for patients discharged in sinus rhythm following the Cox Maze IV procedure. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 155:997-1006.
- Coyan G, Wei LM, Althouse A, Roberts HG, Schauble D, Murashita T, Cook CC, Rankin JS, Badhwar V. Robotic mitral valve operations by experienced surgeons are cost-neutral and durable at 1 year. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018;156:1040-1047.
- Murashita T, Schaff HV, Daly RC, Oh JK, Dearani JA, Stulak JM, King KS, Greason KL. Experience with pericardiectomy for constrictive pericarditis over eight decades. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017; 104:742-750.
- Murashita T, Badhwar V. In search of the smoking gun in calcific aortic valve disease. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017; 153:1328-9.
- Murashita T, Joyce DL, Pochettino A, Stulak JM, Joyce LD. Concomitant Valve-in-Valve Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement and Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation. Innovations (Phila). 2017;12:147-9.
- Murashita T, Schaff HV, Suri RM, Daly RC, Li Z, Dearani JA, Greason KL, Nishimura RA. Impact of Left Ventricular Systolic Function on Outcome of Correction of Chronic Severe Aortic Valve Regurgitation: Implications for Timing of Surgical Intervention. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;103:1222-8.
- Murashita T. The role of coronary artery bypass grafting in patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy in the current era. J Thorac Dis. 2016;8:1032-1033.
- Murashita T, Raffa GM, Wei LM, Badhwar V. Robotic mitral repair with sliding leaflet valvuloplasty and remodeling partial annuloplasty. Multimed Man Cardiothorac Surg. 2016 Sep 28;2016. pii: mmw013.
- Murashita T, Greason KL, Pochettino A, Sandhu GS, Nkomo VT, Bresnahan JF, Reeder GS, Holmes DR, Rihal CS, and Mathew V. Clinical outcomes after transapical and transfemoral transcatheter aortic valve insertion: an evolving experience. Ann Thorac Surg. 2016;102:56-61.
- Murashita T, Pochettino A. Intraoperative electroencephalogram-guided deep hypothermia plus antegrade and/or retrograde cerebral perfusion during aortic arch surgery. J Card Surg. 2016;31:216-9.
- Murashita T, Suri RM, Daly RC. Sapien XT transcatheter mitral valve replacement under direct vision in the setting of significant mitral annular calcification. Ann Thorac Surg. 2016;101:1171-1174.
- Murashita T, Greason KL, Suri RM, Daly RC, Joyce LD, Stulak JM, Pochettino A, Joyce DL, Dearani JA, Schaff HV. Mitral valve gradient after valve repair of degenerative regurgitation with restrictive annuloplasty. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;151:106-9.