Education & Training
Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine
- Istanbul Universitesi
- University of Iowa
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gastrointestinal imaging
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD)
- Upper endoscopy an colonoscopy
- Enteral feeding
- Liver cancer
- Liver disease
Areas of Expertise
- General gastroenterology
- Upper endoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy
- Push enteroscopy
- Feeding tube placement
Awards & Honors
- 2018 Nominated for American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) Governor of Missouri
- 2018 "Tiger Research Award", University of Missouri Gastroenterology
- 2018 "An Exceptional Team Member", University of Missouri Health Care
- 2017 "2016-2017 Quality Improvement Champion", University of Missouri Health Care
- 2017 Published on the TOP DRAWER section of the Columbia Daily Tribune Newspaper
- 2017 Professional photo & intro on the cover-page of the World Journal of Hepatology journal
- 2017 White Tulip Health Foundation, "Academician Award", Newark, NJ
- 2017 Mentor of American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) on Research Career, Academics, Clinical Career and Education Career.
- 2016 “Faculty/Staff Advisor” for the University of Missouri Dialogue Club.
- 2016 Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology (FACG)
- 2015 White Tulip Health Foundation, “Young Academician Award”. Newark, NJ, USA.
- 2015 Hepatologist MD of “Show Me ECHO- HCV” Project in Missouri State.
- 2014 Grant Award for 2014 Fellow Advanced Endoscopy Programs. University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA.
- 2006, 2007 and 2008: Turkish Nominee of ASNEMGE: European Rising Star in Gastroenterology.
- 2009 Hepatogastroentrology Congress 'Poster Award'. Antalya, Turkey.
- 2009 AASLD 'Presidential Poster of Distinction'. Boston, USA.
- 2008 Istanbul Governor’s Science Award.
- 2007 National Gastroenterology Week – Danone institution Oral Presentation Award. Nevşehir, Turkey.
- 2006 Novartis: “Patient Relative Studies’ First Prize. İstanbul, Turkey.
- 2006 EASL Best Abstracts/Registration Award. Vienna, Austria.
- 2005 Full Bursary Award EASL 2005 Rosiglitazone Shows. Paris, France.
- 2005 Presidential poster and poster of distinction. Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- 2005 Roche Viral Hepatitis Oral Presentation Second Prize. Swissotel, İstanbul.
- 2004 'ODTU’ Dr. Mustafa Parlar Foundation Study Support Prize. Orta Dogu Teknik University, Ankara, Turkey.
- 2004 National Gastrenterology Week – Oral presentation award. Antalya, Turkey.
- 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 - Marmara University International Study Awards. Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2003 National Gastrenterology Week – Oral presentation award. Kuşadasi, Turkey.
- 2003 Young Scientists-Clinicans Program Full Bursary Award. Cairo, Egypt.
- 2001 Istanbul University International Study Award. Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1999 ECCMID Young Investigator Award. Berlin, Germany.
Editorial Board Member
- Artificial Intelligence in Gastroenterology
- World Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology
- World Journal of Gastrointestinal Pathophysiology
- World Journal of Stem Cells
- Journal of Digestive Diseases and Hepatology
- Journal of Gastroenterology, Liver & Pancreatic Diseases
- HSOA Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology Research
- Journal of Medical Discovery
- Journal of Scientific Discovery
- Journal of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endoscopy
- Frontiers in Medicine (Lausanne) – Gastroenterology
- Annals of Hepatology
- World Journal of Gastroenterology
- International Journal of Gastroenterology Disorders & Therapy
- BAOJ Medical and Nursing
- Journal of Endocrinology and Diabetes Mellitus (Synergy Publishers),
- Abant Medical Journal
- Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences
- FACP: Fellow of the American College of Physicians, USA
- ACG-Mentor: American College of Gastroenterology Mentor on Academics, Research Career, Clinical Career, Education Career, and General Mentoring Advice
- FACG: Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology, USA
- AASLD: American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, USA
- ASGE: American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, USA
- AGA: American Gastroenterological Association, USA
- AMA: American Medical Association, USA
- ASNEMGE: Association of National European and Mediterranean Societies of Gastroenterology, Europe
- Turkish Society of Gastroenterology, Turkey
- Turkish Society of Liver Researches, Turkey
- ACP: American College of Physicians, USA
- FESBGH: Fellow of the European Section and Board of Gastroenterology & Hepatology