Education & Training
Dr B R Ambedkar Medical College
- University of Texas Health Science Center - Houston
- Driscoll Childrens Hospital
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
In the News
One Hospital Dr
Columbia, MO 65212
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
- Colorectal Cancer
- Fecal Microbiome Transplantation
Awards & Honors
- 2017 - Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation award for IBD Visiting Fellowship to Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio
- 2015 - Award for Excellence in Teaching from the Arnold P Gold Foundation - Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Arnold P Gold Foundation, Gold Humanism Honor Society; Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2015; University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Texas
- American Gastroenterology Association (AGA)
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation (CCF); Advisory Committee (CMAC) Member; Chair, CCF Mid-Missouri Chapter
- Nasim Parsa, Eric A Grisham, Courtney J Cockerell, Michelle L Matteson-Kome, Ramakrishna V Bysani, Sami Samiullah, Douglas L Nguyen, Veysel Tahan, Yezaz A Ghouri, Srinivas R Puli and Matthew L Bechtold
Split-dose vs same-day bowel preparation for afternoon colonoscopies: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
World Journal of Meta-Analysis, Nov 2020.
- Harleen Chela, Syed Bilal Pasha, Xiu-Feng Wan, Yezaz A Ghouri
A Review on Medical Management of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, 2020 Sept, (PubMed ID: 32876952).
- Yezaz A Ghouri, Veysel Tahan, Bo Shen
Secondary Causes of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
World Journal of Gastroenterology, 2020 July, (PubMed ID: 32821067).
- Syed Bilal Pasha, Huda Fatima, Yezaz A Ghouri
Management of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases in the Wake of COVID-19 Pandemic
Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, 2020 April (PubMed ID: 32246874).
- Ikenna Okereke, Catherine Hamilton, Gabriel Reep, Timothy Krill, Adam Booth, Yezaz Ghouri, Vikram Jala, Clark Andersen, Richard Pyles
Microflora composition in the gastrointestinal tract in patients with Barrett’s esophagus; Journal of thoracic disease, 2019 Aug (PubMed ID: 31489224).
- Ryan D Heath, Nasim Parsa, Michelle L Matteson-Kome, Victoria Buescher, Sami Samiullah, Douglas L Nguyen, Veysel Tahan, Yezaz A Ghouri, Srinivas R Puli, Matthew L Bechtold
Use of music during colonoscopy: An updated meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
World Journal of Meta-Analysis, 2019 Nov.
- Turse EP, Dailey FE, Ghouri YA, Tahan V
Fecal microbiota transplantation donation: the gift that keeps on giving.
Current Opinions in Pharmacology, 2019 May (PubMed ID: 31085417).
- Singh A, Ghouri Y, Shen B
Ustekinumab as an Induction Agent for Crohn's Disease of the Pouch.
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases 2018 Apr (PubMed ID: 29668974).
- Simoes CC, Ghouri YA, Merwat SN, Stevenson HL.
Budd-Chiari syndrome: a rare and life-threatening complication of Crohn's disease.
BMJ Case Rep. 2018 Jan 17;2018, pii: bcr-2017-222946 (PubMed ID: 29348288).
- Yezaz A Ghouri, Bo Shen
Perianal inflammatory bowel diseases. Diagnosis and Management Guide for Ano-Rectal Disease: A Clinical Reference.
- Yezaz A Ghouri, Gurinder Luthra
Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy and jejunostomy placement. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures in Gastroenterology- second edition.
- November 2020: Newspaper article contribution, sleep apnea linked to critical changes in the gut microbiome, by Zoe Sloan Hormell, The Missourian, URL: https://www.columbiamissourian.com/news/local/sleep-apnea-linked-to-critical-changes-in-the-gut-microbiome/article_0e7fa124-0ef2-11eb-adce-2fe38a5587d0.html.
- September 2020: Online health magazine article contribution, ‘The Best 6 Antacids of 2020’, by Sarah Bradley, URL: https://www.verywellhealth.com/best-antacids-4171024.
- May 2020: Participated in organizing virtual camp Oasis for the year 2020, online presentation, ‘transition of care from pediatric to adult GI’.
- April 2020: Online webinar for Crohn’s and colitis foundation, COVID-19 and IBD- what patients and caregivers need to know.
- March 2020: Radio interview on KXEO radio- prevention and screening for colon cancer during the colon cancer awareness month.
- March 2020: Radio interview on KRMS radio- prevention and screening for colon cancer during the colon cancer awareness month.
- November 2019: Teaching instructor for endoscopic mucosal resection of polyps and clip closures at the 8th Annual GI Animal Endoscopy Simulation Lab; University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, MO.
- November 2019: Organizing Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Mid-Missouri Chapter educational event at Columbia, Missouri.
- August 2019: Volunteered at Camp Oasis organized by Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation for Children with IBD, Camp Staff Physician.
- March 2019: Oral presentation and talk about colon cancer awareness at Village of Bedford Walk retirement community.
- February 2019: Radio interview on KXEO radio: educating local community in Mid-Missouri area about colon cancer prevalence and screening.