Occupational medicine is a specialty of preventative care focused on helping employers keep employees safe and healthy at work.
MU Health Care's occupational medicine specialists offer a wide range of services to help employers evaluate the work readiness of their employees and ensure continued health and recovery from any work-related injuries. All of our providers are board-certified and specially trained in preventative medicine, and up-to-date on federal and state regulations for workforce health and safety, including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and more.
Our occupational medicine specialists can provide many services to help keep your employees safe and help, including:
- Occupational injury medical evaluations, treatment and follow-up care for work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Fit-for-duty exams that may include grip strength, range of motion, strength testing and return-to-work physicals.
- Vision screenings for eye injuries and exposures.
- Hearing screenings and testing, and protection recommendations.
- Ergonomic consultations for employees who work at a desk.
- Carpal tunnel screenings and evaluations.
- Drug and alcohol screenings for pre-employment, random collection requirements, reasonable suspicion or post-accident incidents.
- Medical surveillance programs and physicals for toxicology and first responders including hazmat and firefighter positions.
- Physical and required examinations, including exams for pre- and post-employment, disability claims, bus drivers, Coast Guard, hazmat workers, firefighters, bus drivers, crane operators, Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and OSHA regulations, and independent medical exams (IMEs).
- General testing services including EKG testing and chest X-rays.
- Respiratory fit exams, including baseline screenings, annual screenings and respiratory clearance. Additional evaluations include pulmonary function, respiratory clearance and respirator fittings
- Blood work testing including QuantiFERON-TB Gold testing, sickle cell, HIV, Titers for varicella (chickenpox) and lipid health (high cholesterol) screening.
- Workplace immunization program including hepatitis A, hepatitis B, tetanus, TST/T-Spot, measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chickenpox) and influenza.
- Workplace education programs and wellness initiatives.