Education & Training
University of Missouri School of Medicine
University of Missouri Health Care
University of Chicago
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
500 N Keene St
Columbia, MO 65201
- Infectious Diseases in Pregnancy
- Substance Abuse in Pregnancy
- Prenatal Diagnosis
Areas of Expertise
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Maternal-Fetal Ultrasound
- High-Risk Pregnancies
Awards & Honors
- 2015 Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics and Gynecology Trainee Scholar
- 2014 Resident Career Research Achievement Award
- 2014 William T. Griffin Award for Outstanding Patient Care
- SMFM 2013 Resident Award for Excellence in Obstetrics at the University of Missouri
- 2013 David G. Hall Symposium Outstanding Research Presentation
- Stephens A, Ouyang D. Strip of the Month: May 2015. NeoReviews 2015; 16;e316.
- Stephens A, Karvas R, Schulz L, Schust D. Modeling Preeclampsia: An Emerging Role for Stem Cells. NeoReviews. 2014; 15:e526-536.
- Yang P, Dai A, Alexenko AP, Liu Y, Stephens AJ, et al. (2014) Abnormal Oxidative Stress Responses in Fibroblasts from Preeclampsia Infants. PLoS ONE 9(7): e103110. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0103110
- Beffa L, Stephens A, Zhong G, Aubuchon M, Schust D. Advances in antichlamydial antibody screening for tubal factor infertility. Sexuality, Reproduction, and Menopause. 2012; 10(1):17-22.
- Stephens A, Aubuchon M, Schust D. Antichlamydial antibodies, human fertility, and pregnancy wastage. Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics and Gynecology [serial online]. 2011;2011:525182
Book Chapter: Schust D. and A Stephens. Chapter 1. Immunology of Pregnancy. In: Sammaritano L, Bermas B, eds. Contraception and Pregnancy in Rheumatic Disease Patients. 1st ed. Springer; 2014.