Education & Training
University of the West Indies-Jamaica
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center
- Baylor College of Medicine
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
Dr. Sarangi is a dual trained board-certified psychiatrist with training that spans two countries. He is dual trained in psychiatry having completed specialist training in both the US and Caribbean. He completed an additional geriatric psychiatry fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine.
He has a long-term interest in academia and sees himself in the role of a clinical educator and researcher. He has gained experience in treating patients both in the public and private hospital settings. Dr. Sarangi has also contributed to various national and international mental health columns and has published a wide array of abstracts and manuscripts.
- Geriatric Mood Disorders,
- Neurocognitive Disorders
Areas of Expertise
- Geriatric Mood Disorders
- Behavioral & Psychological Symptoms of Dementia
Awards & Honors
- Chief Resident Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2020
- Geriatric Scholars Honor American Association of Geriatric Psychiatry, 2019
- Resident Recognition Award American Psychiatric Association, 2019