Education & Training
Government Medical College
- Government Medical College
Laparoscopy & Endourology
- Birmingham Children Hospital
- King Edward Mem Hospital
- Indira Gandha Government Medical College & Hosp.
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Laparoscopy & Endourology
- Leeds General Infirmary & St. James Univ Hosp
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Res
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
400 N Keene St
Columbia, MO 65202
Areas of Expertise
- Minimally invasive surgery neonate and infants
- Robotic Surgery
- Single Port Surgery
- Bowel lengthening for Short gut syndrome
- Surgery for Portal hypertension
- Surgery for gastroparesis (pace makers)
- Surgery for colonic motility disorders
- Chest wall deformities
- Vascular anomalies
- Hepatobiliary surgery
- Lung malformations
Awards & Honors
- Paediatric surgical Quiz, Birmingham Children Hospital, December 1999.
- Paediatric Surgical Quiz, Consortium training day, Leeds General Infirmary, June 2002.
- Paediatric surgical Quiz, Consortium training day, Leeds General Infirmary, July 2003.
- Educator of the year award, Michael E. Debakey Department of surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 2011-12.
- Educator of the year award, Michael E. Debakey Department of surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 2012-13.
- Fulbright & Jaworski L. L. P. Faculty Excellence Award for Teaching and Evaluation, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, December 2013.
- Member of the Academy of Distinguished Educators (Academy) Baylor college of Medicine, Houston, Texas, December 2013. https://www.bcm.edu/fac-ed/academy/
- BEST PAPER AWARD: Oesophageal Atresia: is routine bronchoscopy before thoracotomy useful? Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons, Varanasi, October 1996.
- Krieger J, Cardenas J, Pimpalwar A. Neonatal Malrotation with Midgut Volvulus: A Stepwise Laparoscopic Approach. Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques Part B, Videoscopy. First published doi: 10.1089/vor.2016.0406
- Hsiao A, Pimpalwar A. Thoracoscopic Management of Complex Esophageal Atresia Cases: Esophagobronchial Fistula and Recalcitrant Stricture. Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques Part B, Videoscopy . March 2017, 27. doi: 10.1089/vor.2017.0421
- Hsiao A, Pimpalwar A. Thoracoscopic Management of Complex Esophageal Atresia Cases: Esophagobronchial Fistula and Recalcitrant Stricture. Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques Part B, Videoscopy, March 2017, 27. doi: 10.1089/vor.2017.0421
- Patel K, Wu H, Pimpalwar A, Diwan AH Response to: CUP-L-003-2017.R1, cutaneous papillary adenocarcinoma in situ. J Cutan Pathol. 2017 Mar 16. doi: 10.1111/cup.12919. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hsiao Annie and Pimpalwar, Ashwin MD. Laparoscopic Umbilical hernia repair in children. Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques Part B, Videoscopy. December 2016, Vol. 26, No. 6 doi: 10.1089/vor.2016.0380
- Wu H, Pimpalwar A, Diwan H, Patel KR. Papillary adnexal neoplasm (aggressive digital papillary adenocarcinoma) on the ankle of a 15-year-old girl: case report and review of literature from a pediatric perspective. J Cutan Pathol. 2016 Aug 18. doi: 10.1111/cup.12804.
- Harmoush S, Chinnadurai P, El Salek K, Metwalli Z, Herce H, Bhatt A, Steinkuller P, Vece T, Siddiqui S, Pimpalwar A, Marx D, Mawad M, Pimpalwar S. Multimodality Image-Guided Sclerotherapy of Low-Flow Orbital Vascular Malformations: Report of Single-Center Experience. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2016 Jul;27(7):987-995.e4. doi: 10.1016/j.jvir.2016.02.036. Epub 2016 May 12.
- Carpenter JL, Fallon SC, Swartz SJ, Minifee PK, Cass DL, Nuchtern JG, Pimpalwar AP, Brandt ML. Outcomes after peritoneal dialysis catheter placement. J Pediatr Surg. 2016 Feb 11. pii: S0022-3468(16)00074-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2016.02.011.
- Gonzalez M, Pimpalwar A. Transaxillary Subcutaneouscopic Excision of Fibroadenoma of the Breast in Children: The Covert Scar Approach. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2016 Feb;26(2):157-60. doi: 10.1089/lap.2015.0359. Epub 2015 Nov 30.
- Abbas PI, Naik-Mathuria BJ, Akinkuotu AC, Pimpalwar AP. Routine gastrostomy tube placement in children: Does preoperative screening upper gastrointestinal contrast study alter the operative plan? J Pediatr Surg. 2015 May;50(5):715-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2015.02.022. Epub 2015 Feb 19.
- Slater BJ, Pimpalwar A. Laparoscopic gastroscopic transgastric cystogastrostomy and cholecystectomy for pseudopancreatic cyst after gallstone pancreatitis in children. European J Pediatr Surg Rep. 2014 Jun;2(1):10-2. doi: 10.1055/s-0033-1357503. Epub 2013 Dec 12.
- Hollier JM, Pimpalwar AP., Fishman DS, Popek EJ, Himes RW. Infantile intussusception. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2014 Apr;58(4)