Dr. Aws Hamid is a diagnostic radiologist with a focus in body imaging. He primarily sees adult patients to perform cardiac MRI and cardiac CT imaging. He also reads coronary CTs and general chest and body images including MRI and CT. Additionally, Dr. Hamid performs CT-guided chest biopsies.
Education & Training
University of Mosul College of Medicine
- University of Mosul
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- University of Mosul
Body & Breast Imaging
- University of Missouri Health Care
Thoracic & Cardiovascular
- University of Michigan Medical School
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
Dr. Hamid has been involved in research since 2016, with his primary research interests in cardiac imaging and interstitial and infectious lung disease.
- Cardiovascular imaging
- Cardiothoracic Imaging
Areas of Expertise
- Cardiovascular imaging-Advanced MRI cardiac and cardiovascular CT
- Thoracic Imaging
- Body Imaging
Awards & Honors
- Grant funded from American Heart association for “Quantifying Cardiac Motion Abnormalities on MR Exams using Principle Components Analysis”
- Certificate of Merit at Annual Conference of American Roentgen Ray Society-Non-cardiac Chest Computed Tomography: Don’t Forget to Look at the Heart!. Invited to be published at Ameican Journal of Roentgenology (AJR).
- Certificate of Merit at Annual Conference of Society of Thoracic Radiology-Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm with Genetic Bases.
- Certification with Honours High Speciality Degree (MSc). Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan.
- Graduated with Honours, University of Mosul/College of Medicine.
- Vibhor Wadhwa, Aws Hamid, Avneesh Chhabra. Pudendal nerve and branch neuropathy: Magnetic resonance neuropathy evaluation. Review article. Published in Acta Radiologica/PMID: 27664277 [EPub ahead of Print]
- Aws Hamid, Elizabeth Lee, Prachi Agarwal. Edrheim Chester Disease. Peer-Reviewed. Society of Thoracic Radiology. Published in 2017.
- Al-Omari MH, Aws Hamid. Vesico-Adnexal Fistula Treated with Transurethral Embolization Under Fluoroscopic Guidance. The American Journal of Case Reports. 2017;18:949-952. doi:10.12659/AJCR.904202.
- Christy Warranch, Aws Hamid, Ayman Gaballah. Kasabach-Merrit Syndrome. ACR case in point, 2018.
- Junaid Yasin, Aws Hamid, Ayman Gaballah. Primary Pulmonary Chondrosarcoma: A Case Report and Literature Review. Submitted to JCIS for publication.
- Levi Marshal, Jussuf Kaifi, Aws Hamid. Endobronchial Valves as an Off-label Treatment for Persistent Air Leaks. Prepared for publication.
- Aws Hamid, Jeffrey Kunin, Christopher Walker. Chest Computed Tomography: Don’t Forget to Look at the Heart!. Awarded Certificate of Merit and invited to be published in American Journal of Roentgenology (AJR).
- Aws Hamid, Amr Abdelaziz, Ayman Gaballah. Bowel/Mesenteric Bowel Lesions: Multi-Modality Imaging Evaluation. Prepared to be published at Radiographics.