Education & Training
- University of Florida College of Medicine
- University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
1 Hospital Drive
Columbia, MO 65212
- Co-morbid insomnia
- Objective and subjective sleep assessment
- Day-to-day variability in sleep and related behaviors
Areas of Expertise
- Development of targeted Cognitive Behavioral Treatment (CBT) protocols
- Boissoneault, J., Vatthauer*, K., O’Shea, A., Craggs, J., Robinson, M., Staud, R., Berry, R.B., Perlstein, W., Waxenberg, L., & McCrae, C.S. (in press). Low-to-moderate alcohol consumption is associated with hippocampal volume in fibromyalgia and insomnia. Behavioral Sleep Medicine.
- Graef, D. M., Janicke, D. M., & McCrae, C. S. (in press). Sleep patterns of a primarily obese sample of treatment-seeking children. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine.
- Krietsch*, K. N., Armstrong, B., McCrae, C., & Janicke, D. (in press). Temporal associations between sleep and physical activity among overweight/obese youth. Journal of Pediatric Psychology.
- Krietsch*, K. N., Lawless, C., Fedele, D. A., McCrae, C. S., & Janicke, D. M. (in press). Influence of asthma status on sleep variability in overweight/obese youth. Journal of Asthma.
- McCrae, C. S., Dzierzewski*, J., McNamara*, J. P. H., Vatthauer, K. E., Roth, A. J., & Rowe, M. A. (in press). Changes in sleep predict changes in affect in older caregivers of individuals with Alzheimer’s dementia: A multilevel model approach. Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences.
- McCrae, C. S., Roth*, A. J., Ford, J., Crew, E. C., Conti, J. B., Berry, R. B., & Sears, S. F. (in press). Differences in psychological adjustment, daytime functioning, and device specific adjustment in patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) as a function of sleep disorder diagnosis. Behavioral Sleep Medicine.
- McNamara*, J. P. H., Wang, J., Holiday, D., Young, J., Paradoa, M., Balkhi, A. M., Fernandez-Baca, J., & McCrae, C. S. (in press). Sleep disturbances associated with cigarette smoking: Results from the 2005-06 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Psychology, Health, & Medicine.
- Mundt*, J. M., Crew*, E. C., Krietsch*, K., Roth*, A., Vatthauer*, K., Robinson, M. E., Staud, R., Berry, R. B., & McCrae, C. S. (in press). Measuring treatment outcomes in comorbid insomnia and fibromyalgia: Concordance of subjective and objective assessments. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine.
- Shoji, K., Tighe, C., Dautovich*, N.D., & McCrae, C.S. (in press). Beyond mean values: Quantifying intraindividual variability in pre-sleep arousal and sleep in younger and older community-dwelling adults. Sleep Science.
- Shoji, K. D., M.A., Tighe, C. A., Imel, J. L., Dautovich*, N. D., & McCrae, C. S. (in press). Napping in older and younger adults: Forbidden territory? Journal of the American Geriatrics Society.
- Tighe, C. A., McCrae, C. S., & Dautovich*, N. D. (in press). Daily social contact in relation to sleep: The role of age. Behavioral Sleep Medicine.
- Vatthauer*, K. E., Craggs, J. G., Robinson, M. E., Staud, R., Berry, R. B., Perlstein, W. M., & McCrae, C. S. (2015). Sleep is associated with task negative brain activity in fibromyalgia participants with chronic insomnia. Journal of Pain Research, 8, 819-827.
- Williams*, J.M., McCrae, C.S., Rodrigue, J. & Patton, P. (in press). A novel application of a Biopsychosocial Theory in the understanding of disturbed sleep before and after kidney transplantation. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine.
- Dautovich*, N. D., Shoji, K. D., & McCrae, C. S. (2015). Variety is the spice of life: A microlongitudinal study examining age differences in intraindividual variability in daily activities in relation to sleep outcomes. Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences. 70(4), 581-90. PMID: 24326078. Public Access Compliance: Not applicable. Supported by American Psychological Association Science Directorate.
- Floegel, T., Giacobbi, P. R., Jr., Dzierzewski*, J. D., Aiken-Morgan, A, Roberts, B., Marsiske, M., McCrae, C. & Buman, M. (2015). Intervention markers of physical activity maintenance in older adults. American Journal of Health Behavior, 39, 487-499.
- McCrae, C. S., O’Shea, A. M., Boissoneault, J., Vatthauer*, K., Robinson, M. E., Staud, R., Perlstein, W. M., & Craggs, J. G. (2015). Fibromyalgia patients have reduced hippocampal volume compared to healthy controls. Journal of Pain Research, 8, 47-52. PMID: pending, PMCID: pending, NIHMSID: pending, (PIF=X.XX)
- Simor, P., Krietsch*, K.N., Koteles, F., & McCrae, C. S. (2015 online). Day to Day Variation of Subjective Sleep Quality and Emotional States – A One-Week Prospective Study. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine, DOI 10.1007/s12529-015-9464-4.