Dr. Derek Staner is a diagnostic radiologist with a focus in breast imaging. He sees adult and adolescent men and women. He performs ultrasound and CT-guided breast biopsies and axillary lymph node biopsies, ultrasound and CT-guided needle localization procedures, mammographically-guided biopsies of the breast and mammographically-guided needle localizations, and tomosynthesis-guided biopsies of the breast.
Education & Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Dentistry
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
Dr. Staner is involved in the Gadovist clinical trial, which is testing a different contrast agent for MRI and comparing the efficacy to the one being used currently in breast imaging.
- Breast imaging
Areas of Expertise
- Breast imaging
Awards & Honors
- 2005 Certificate of Merit, scientific exhibit Am Roentgen Ray Soc (ARRS) meeting. Staner D, Lowe LH, Horii K, Church D, Nopper AJ. Review of neuroimaging findings in PHACE syndrome with emphasis on asymptomatic neurovascular anomalies
- 2004 First place award, educational exhibit UMKC resident research day. Staner D, Cook D, Crowe J, Morello FM, Lowe LH. Acute cases in pediatric radiology: A computer-based teaching file
- August 1998 – May 2002 United States Army Health Professions Scholarship Program
- August 1994 – May 1998 Magna Cum Laude, Baylor University
- Staner D, Yetter E, Gordon G, Ahktar N, Grobelny T, Current Topics of Interest in Interventional Radiology, Mo Med 2005 Mar-Apr; 102(2): 131-6