Education & Training
University of Baghdad, College of Medicine
- Iraqi Ministry of Health
- The Islamic Hospital - Amman
- Children's National Medical Center
- MedStar-Georgetown University Hospital
- King Hussein Cancer Hospital
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
- Pediatric radiology
Areas of Expertise
- Pediatric Neuroradiology
- Adult Neuroradiology
- General Pediatric radiology
- Fetal Imaging
Awards & Honors
- RSNA trainee research prize (Fellow Award) for “Cerebral Perfusion is Perturbed by Preterm Birth and Brain Injury” RSNA 2016.
- Chief residents and fellows, Children’s National Health System, Department of diagnostic radiology, 2016-2017.
- Pediatric medical student teaching excellence and appreciation award – George Washington University/ School of Medicine, 2016-2017.
- Certificate of Merit for “Causes of Left Ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction through the Lens of Imaging” RSNA 2014.
- Mahdi ES, Bouyssi-Kobar M, Jacobs MB, Murnick J, Chang T, Limperopoulos C. Cerebral Perfusion is perturbed by Preterm Birth and Brain Injury. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2018 May 10. doi: 10.3174/ajnr.A5669.
- Mahdi ES, Whitehead MT. Clival Malformations in CHARGE syndrome. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2018 Jun;39(6):1153-1156. doi: 10.3174/ajnr.A5612. Epub 2018 Apr 5.
- Bouyssi-Kobar M, Murnick J, Brossard-Racine M, Chang, T, Mahdi E, Jacobs M, Limperopoulos C. Altered Cerebral Perfusion in Infants Born Preterm Compared with Infants Born Full Term. J Pediatr. 2017 Nov 30. pii: S0022-3476(17)31338-0. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2017.09.083.
- Hammoud DA, Mahdi E, Panackal AA, Wakim P, Sheikh V, Sereti I, Bielakova B, Bennett JE, Williamson PR. Choroid Plexitis and Ependymitis by Magnetic Resonance Imaging are Biomarkers of Neuronal Damage and Inflammation in HIV-negative Cryptococcal Meningoencephalitis. Sci Rep. 2017 Aug 23;7(1):9184. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-09694-0.
- Mahdi E, Whitehead MT. Coronal clival cleft in CHARGE syndrome. Neuroradiol J. 2017 Jan 1:1971400916678248. doi:10.1177/1971400916678248
- Whitehead MT; Smitthimedhin A; Webb J; Mahdi ES; Khademian ZP; Carpenter J; Abraham A. Cerebral Blood Flow and Marrow Diffusion Alterations in Children with Sickle Cell Anemia after Bone Marrow Transplant and Transfusion. Accepted for AJNR