Dr. Eman Mahdi is a diagnostic radiologist who specializes in neuroradiology and pediatric radiology. She sees children and adults in addition to reading fetal images. Dr. Mahdi performs pediatric fluoroscopy procedures including upper gastrointestinal tract, intussusception reduction, modified barium swallow and barium enema. She also performs myelograms and lumbar punctures. Her primary research interests are pediatric and neuro-radiology projects such as arterial spin labeling (ASL) of the brain.
Education & Training
University of Baghdad, College of Medicine
- Iraqi Ministry of Health
- The Islamic Hospital - Amman
- Children's National Medical Center
- MedStar-Georgetown University Hospital
- King Hussein Cancer Hospital
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
- Pediatric radiology
Areas of Expertise
- Pediatric Neuroradiology
- Adult Neuroradiology
- General Pediatric radiology
- Fetal Imaging
Awards & Honors
- RSNA trainee research prize (Fellow Award) for “Cerebral Perfusion is Perturbed by Preterm Birth and Brain Injury” RSNA 2016.
- Chief residents and fellows, Children’s National Health System, Department of diagnostic radiology, 2016-2017.
- Pediatric medical student teaching excellence and appreciation award – George Washington University/ School of Medicine, 2016-2017.
- Certificate of Merit for “Causes of Left Ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction through the Lens of Imaging” RSNA 2014.