Education & Training
University of Jordan
- Seton Hall University-GME
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center
- Albany Medical Center Hospital
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
- Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Malignancy
Areas of Expertise
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Oncology
- Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy
Awards & Honors
- GI Human of the Year Award Winner, University of Missouri Academic year 2022/2023
- GI Faculty of the Year (Excellence in Clinical Service), University of Missouri, Academic year 2022/2023
- The American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) Recognition Award for outstanding Service as ACG Governor for West Virginia 2008-2014
- Current Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology
- Current WV State Medical Association
- Current Monongalia County Medical Society
- Grand Rounds presentation January 19th, 2023, 9Pancreatic Fluid Collections: An Update)
- IM Resident Noon lecture, January 25th, 2023 (The Role of endoscopy in Acute Pancreatitis and Acute Biliary Cholangitis)
- The Educational Series for the General GI Fellowship program (MizzouGI PEARLS: Patient-centered Explorations in Active Reasoning, Learning, and GI Solutions).
- Pancreatic Fluid Collections (PFCs): An Update; Medical Grand Rounds Presentation, University of Missouri January 2023.
- Emergency Department Burden of Esophageal food Bolus Impaction in the United States: An Observational study, DDW 2023.
- Clinical Characteristics and Liver Biopsy Comparison of Bariatric Surgery Patients and Liver Clinic patients for NAFLD or Suspected NASH: An Observational Study, DDW 2023.
- Pancreatitis Associated with Intragastric Balloons Insertion: A systematic Review, DDW 2023.
- A Groovy Mystery: Identification of Groove Pancreatitis Following ERCP at an Outside Medical Facility, Case Report, and literature review, DDW 2023.
- Groove Pancreatitis: A Review Article, StatPearls December 2022
- An uncommon cause for common symptoms of Abdominal pain and Diarrhea; A case report of Human Intestinal Spirochetosis in an immune-competent patient. Case Report and literature Review, ACG 2022.
- Blame it on the Bamboo Stump: Pancreatic Ductal Disruption successfully managed with Two-step Endoscopic Therapy. A case Report and Literature Review, ACG 2022.
- Endoscopic management of Mirizzi syndrome. The American Journal of Gastroenterology October 2021, volume 116, p S1483.
- Idiopathic pancreatitis in COVID. Pancreatic Disorders and therapy journal, Vol.11, Iss.4 No:1000219.
- Food impactions are not created equal: A case report and Literature Review, ACG 2020.
- Autoimmune Pancreatitis related to Covid-19 infection; Case Report and Literature Review, ACG 2020.
- Mirrizzi Syndrome diagnosed by upper endoscopic ultrasound, Case Report and Literature Review, ACG 2020.
- Menetrierr Disease presenting as Gastric mass, Case Report and Literature Review, ACG 2020.
- Sharma N, Mubarak M, Basar O, Daglilar E, Tahan V. Updated hepatitis C treatment per recent international guidelines. Viral Hepatitis. Cambridge Scholars. Publishing, Cambridge, UK, 2021 (Accepted-In print).
Abstracts & Posters
- Food impactions are not created equal; Autoimmune Pancreatitis related to Covid-19 infection. Submitted. ACG 2021
- Mirrizzi Syndrome diagnosed by upper endoscopic ultrasound. Submitted. ACG 2021
- Menetrierr Disease presenting as Gastric mass, Abstract presented by my residents, at the ACG 2020