Education & Training
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Mayo Clinic
Adult Reconstruction/Jt Replac
- Florida Orthopaedic Institute
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
In the News
1100 Virginia Ave.
Columbia, MO 65212
- Biomechanics of the Hip and Knee
- Biomechanics of the Hip and Knee
Areas of Expertise
- Biomechanics of hip and knee replacement
Awards & Honors
- Medical Providers Dean’s List- Patient Satisfaction Ratings
- HCAHPS National Patient Satisfaction Performance Award
- Distinguished Hip and Knee Fellow Florida Orthopaedic Institute
- Orthopaedic Clinical Research Award, FORE
- Current Concepts Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Scholarship
- Graduated Cum Laude, University of Pittsburgh Medical School
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, University of Pittsburgh
- Graduated Cum Laude, Cornell University
- Graduation with Distinction in all subjects, Cornell University
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, Cornell University
- Golden Key Honor Society, Cornell University
- Zeta Psi Scholarship Award, Cornell University
- Outstanding College Students of America, Cornell University
- Hip Reconstruction Program Committee AAOS (2017)
- Political Action Committee of the AAOS (2006-present)
- American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons (2006-present)
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2003-present)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2000-present)
- Mayo Orthopaedic Surgery Alumni Association (2000-present)
- Mayo Clinic Alumni Association (2000-present)
- Mayo Fellows Association (1995-2000)
- American Medical Association Political Action Committee
- American Medical Association
- Nettrour JF, Razu SS, Keeney JA, Guess TM. Femoral component malrotation produces quadriceps weakness and impaired ambulatory function following total knee arthroplasty: results of a forward-dynamic computer model. J Knee Surg. 2019 doi: 10.1055/s-0039-1692486
- Nettrour JF, Burch MB, Bal BS. Patients, pictures, and privacy: managing clinical photographs in the smartphone era. Arthroplast Today. 2018:5(1);57-60.
- Nettrour JF. Biomechanical analysis to guide future trends in hip replacement and post-operative rehabilitation protocols. Penn State Bone & Joint Institute Ortho Report. 2015. 10:4.
- Nettrour JF, Polikandroitis JA, Bernasek KA, Gustke KA, Lyons ST. Articulating spacers for the treatment of infected total knee arthroplasty: the effect of different antibiotic concentrations and combinations. Orthopedics. 2013;36(1):19-24.
- Vardaxis VG, Covill LG, Koepp L, Nettrour JF, Mahoney CR. Bilateral lower extremity stiffness during transition from stair descent to level walking in unilateral total hip arthroplasty patients and controls. Gait & Posture. 2013;38(Sup. 1):S44-S45.
- Harris, AR, Beckenbaugh RD, Nettrour JF, Rizzo M. Metacarpal neck fractures: the results of treatment with traction reduction and cast immobilization. Hand (NY). 2009;4(2):161-164.
- Nettrour JF, Eggers, SD, Pittelkow MR, Matteson EL. Acute carpal tunnel syndrome preceded by five years of atypical skin changes. Arch Neurol. 2007;64(3):447.
- King JC, Nettrour JF, Beckenbaugh RD. Traction reduction and cast immobilization for the treatment of boxers' fractures. Techniques in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery 1999;3(3):174-180.