Education & Training
University of Missouri School of Medicine
- Mayo Clinic
IM Hematology and Oncology
- Mayo Clinic
Commercial Relationships and Collaborations
This faculty member or a member of his or her immediate family has a working relationship, such as providing consulting, research, or educational services, with the companies listed below. These relationships have been reported to the University of Missouri and, if appropriate, plans have been established to address potential conflicts. The following relationships were reported as of July 2020.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck Pharmaceutical Co
- Hospice Compassus
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
In the News
Areas of Expertise
- Head and neck
- Sickle Cell
Awards & Honors
- Best Doctors of America 2007-2016
- Travel Award, American Society Hematology 1996
- Merit Award Recipient, American Society of Clinical Oncology Finalist, Leopold Marcus Award, St. Louis University Department of Chemistry and St. Louis Section, America Chemical Society, April 21, 1986
- Phi Lambda Upsilon, Honorary Chemical Society, May 29, 1986
- Alpha Epsilon Delta, Premedical Honor Society, 1985
- Chng WJ, Santana-Davila R, VanWier SA, Ahmann GJ, Jalal SM, Bergsagal PL, Chesi M, Trendle M, Jacobus S, Blood E, Oken MM, Henderson K, Kyle RA, Gertz MA, Lacy MQ, Dispenzieri A, Greipp PR, Fonseca R: Prognostic factors for hyperdiploid-myeloma: effects of chromosome 13 deletions and IgH translocations. Leukemia. 2006 May;20(5):807-13.
- Chng WJ, Santana-Davila R, VanWier SA, Ahmann GJ, Jalal SM, Bergsagal PL, Chesi M, Trendle M, Jacobus S, Blood E, Oken MM, Henderson K, Kyle RA, Gertz MA, Lacy MQ, Dispenzieri A, Greipp PR, Fonseca R: Ploidy status rarely changes in myeloma patients at disease progression. Leukemia Research. 2006 Mar;30(3):266-71. Epub 2005 Aug 18.
- Chng WJ, Winkler JM, Greipp PR, Jalal SM, Bergsagal PL, Chesi M, Trendle MC, Ahmann GJ, Henderson K, Blood E, Oken MM, Hulbert A, VanWier SA, Santana-Davila R, Kyle RA, Gertz MA, Lacey MQ, Dispenzieri A, Fonseca R: A validated FISH trisomy index demonstrates the hyperdiploid and nonhyperdiploid dichotomy in MGUS. Blood. 2005 Sep 15;106(6):2156-61. Epub 2005 May 26.
- Fonseca R, Trendle MC, Leong T, Kyle RA, Oken MM, Kay NE, VanNess B, Greipp PR: Prognostic value of serum markers of bone metabolism in untreated multiple myeloma patients. Br J Haematol. 2000 Apr;109(1):24-9.
- Greipp PR, Trendle MC, Leong T, Oken MM, Kay NE, Van Ness B, and Kyle RA: Is Flow Cytometric DNA Content Hypodiploidy Prognostic in Multiple Myeloma? Leukemia and Lymphoma 35:83, 1999.
- Trendle MC, Tefferi A: Tumor lysis syndrome from Cladarabine in a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. New England Journal of Medicine, 330:1090,1994.
- Trendle MC, Moertel CG and Kvols LK: Incidence and morbidity of cholelithiasis in patients on chronic Octreotide for metastatic carcinoid and malignant islet cell tumors. Cancer 79:841-5, 1997.
- Trendle MC, Traynor AT, Gayari M, Witzig TE, Kyle RA, O'Fallon WM, and Greipp PR: Prognostic factors in relapsed and progressive multiple myeloma. Proceeding of ASCO, 1997.
- Trendle MC, Leong T, Kyle RA, Oken MM, Kay NE, Van Ness B, & Greipp PR: Measurements of serum markers of bone metabolism in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma. A study from the ECOG myeloma clinical trials group. Proceeding of AACR, 1997.