Education & Training
Baylor College of Medicine
- University of Utah Hospital & Clinics
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
Dr. Pendleton's research interests include implementing systems and care delivery processes that improve the outcomes and health of patients and communities and that make care more affordable. Related, he has participated in numerous trials on the safe use of blood thinning medications.
- Patient Outcomes
- Patient Safety
- Value Based Healthcare
Areas of Expertise
- Acute Medical Illness
- Thrombotic Disorders
Awards & Honors
- Master, American College of Physicians Society of Hospital Medicine
- Vivian S. Lee, MD, PhD, MBA; Kensaku Kawamoto, MD, PhD, MHS; Rachel Hess, MD, MS; Charlton Park, MBA, MHSM; Jeffrey Young, MS; Cheri Hunter, BS; Steven Johnson, LSMBB, MBA; Sandi Gulbransen, BSIE; Christopher E. Pelt, MD; Devin J. Horton, MD; Kencee K. Graves, MD; Tom H. Greene, PhD; Yoshimi Anzai, MD, MPH; Robert C. Pendleton, MD Implementation of a value Driven Outcomes Program to Identify High Variability in Clinical Costs and Outcomes and Association with Reduced Cost and Improved Quality. JAMA (2016) 316(10): 1061
- Gage BF, Bass AR, Pendleton RC, Roman VD, & Eby CS. Effect of Genotype-guided warfarin dosing on clinical events and anticoagulation control among patient undergoing hip or knee arthroplasty. JAMA (2017); 318(12):1115-1124.
- Gage BF, Pendleton RC, Eby CS. Effect of Low Intensity vs Standard Intensity Warfarin Prophylaxis on Venous Thromboembolism or Death Among Patients Undergoing Hip or Knee Arhroplasty: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA (2019); 322 (9): 834-842.
- Anzai Y, Delis K, Pendleton RC. Price Transparency in Radiology: A Model for the Future. J Am Coll Radiol (2020); 17 (Pt 1 B): 194-199.