1. Missouri Digestive Health Center-Fairview Clinic
Education & Training
Aga Khan Medical College
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
- Advanced Endoscopy
- General Gastroenterology
Areas of Expertise
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Endoscopic Ablation of Barrett’s Esophagus with Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA)
- Single balloon assisted deep Enteroscopy
- Luminal stenting
- Upper Endoscopy and Colonoscopy
Awards & Honors
- 2018: Video Abstract “Endoscopic Full Thickness Resection (EFTR) of an Inverted Appendix” chosen as Honorable Mention at Digestive Diseases Week 2017.
- 2009: Distinguished House Staff Award. Rutgers – New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ.
Journal Editor/ Editorial Board Member
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology International Journal
- Journal of Medical Students
- Journal of Academic Hospital Medicine
- Gastroenterology, Liver & Pancreatic diseases
- World Journal of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- EC Gastroenterology and Digestive System
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- World Journal of Gastroenterology.
- World Journal of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- World Journal of Methodology.
- World Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery
- World Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology
- World Journal of Gastrointestinal Pathophysiology
- Journal of Medical Students
- EC Gastroenterology & Digestive System
- Video GIE Journal
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Rao S, Ashraf I, Mir F, Samiullah S, Ibdah JA, Tahan Dual infection with Hepatitis B and Epstein Barr Virus presenting with severe jaundice, coagulopathy and Hepatitis B virus chronicity outcome. American Journal of Case Reports: In Press
- Chaudhary M, Bhurgri H, Samiullah S, Ahlawat All that glitters is not gold: Gastric Adenocarcinoma with medullary pattern presenting as submucosal lesion. Endoscopic Ultrasound: In Press
- Samiullah, Bhurgri H, Sohail U. Eosinophilic Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract. Prim Care. 2016 Sep;43(3):495-504. PubMed PMID: 27545738.
- Churrango G, Deutsch J, Dinneen H, Churrango J, Samiullah S, Ahlawat Minimizing radiation exposure during ERCP by avoiding live or continuous fluoroscopy . J Clin Gastroenterol. 2015 Nov-‐Dec: 49 (10): e96 – e100 PMID:26191644
- Okoronkwo, Samiullah S, Churrango G, Wang Multiple duodenal diverticula: A rare cause of massive upper gastrointestinal bleeding and hemodynamic instability. J Med Cases 2015. June (10): 444-‐446
- Samiullah S, Kim K, Yoon E, Wang What goes in should not always come out: Migration of a prosthetic mesocaval shunt via erosion through the duodenum. Gastrointest Endosc. 2015. May;81(5):1298-‐9 PMID: 25864900
- Bhurgri H, Samiullah S, Klein K, Ahlawat Chasing zebras: Large hyperplastic gastric polyp with inflammatory fibroid change. Gastrointest Endosc 2015. Apr;81 (4):1051-‐2. PMID: 25805482
- Samiullah S, Bhurgri H, Razvi R, Ahlawat “Salvaging a sticky situation”: a stuck PolyLoop. Gastrointest Endosc. 2014 Apr;79(4):695-‐6. PMID: 24630088.
- Bhurgri H, Samiullah S, Dave V, Lenza “Hard to swallow” Colon adenocarcinoma in esophagus. Gastrointest Endosc. 2014 Gastrointest Endosc. 2014 Apr;79(4):696-‐8. PMID: 24630089
- Samiullah S, Bhurgri H, Tufail M et Metastatic Gastric MALT lymphoma masquerading as pulmonary infiltrates with a dramatic response to chemotherapy. J Gastrointest Cancer. 2014 Dec;45 Suppl 1:151-‐4 PMID:24699985
- Samiullah S, Samad F, Tang YM et Double lumen esophagus: A rare complication of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Dig Endosc. 2014 Mar;26(2):282-‐4. Epub 2013 Mar 5. PMID: 23461771. Cited by 5
- Dinneen HS, Samiullah S, Lenza Cryptogenic organizing pneumonia: A rare extra-‐intestinal manifestation of Crohn's disease. J Crohns Colitis. 2014 Feb;8(2):177-‐8. Epub 2013 Oct 3. PMID: 24090908
- Samiullah S, Dinneen HS, Klein KM, Demyen Endoscopic appearance of duodenal mucosa in GI leishmaniasis. Gastrointest Endosc. 2013 Dec; 78(6):962-‐3. PMID: 24237951.
- 2016: “Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorders”. Primary Care: Clinics in Office Publisher: ELSEVEIR
Scientific Presentations/Published Abstracts
- American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting 2016: Abstracts published in American Journal of Gastroenterology October 2016 Volume 111: Supplementary
- Mir F, Ashraf I, Tahan V, Samiullah. An infected duodenal peri-‐ampullary diverticulum mimicking a pancreatic head
- Sirish R, Ashraf I, Mir F, Samiullah, Ibdah JA, Tahan Dual infection with hepatitis B and Ebstein-‐Barr virus presenting with severe jaundice, coagulopathy and hepatitis B virus chronicity outcome
- American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting 2015: Abstracts published in American Journal of Gastroenterology October 2015 Volume 110: Supplementary
- Churrango G, Deutsch J, Dineen H, Churrango J, Samiullah S, Ahlawat Fluoroscopic Technique in ERCP Matters More Than Experience for Radiation Exposure.
- Babar A, Choudhary M, Churrango, Samiullah S, Wang Triple Lumen Esophagus
- Choudhary M, Bhurgri H, Samiullah S, Galan M, Ahlawat All That Glitters Is Not Gold: Gastric Adenocarcinoma With Medullary Pattern Presenting as Submucosal Lesion
- Bhurgri H, Samiullah S, Ahlawat Gastric Calcifying Fibrous Tumor Mimicking Gastro-‐intestinal Stromal Tumor
- Bhurgri H, Lenza C, Samiullah S, Arrigo R ,Vossough Hematemesis in a Patient With a Bariatric Intragastric Balloon
- Churrango G, Churrango J, Samiullah S, Brelvi Diverticular Disease in a Transposed Colon
- American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting 2014: Abstracts published in American Journal of Gastroenterology October 2014 Volume 109: Supplementary
- Samiullah, Dineen S, Churrango G et Outcomes of unsuccessful ERCPs at a tertiary care center.
- American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting 2013: Abstracts published in American Journal of Gastroenterology October 2013. Volume 108: Supplementary
- Patel N, Ahuja N, Samiullah S, Samatha A Case of CMV hepatitis in a post liver transplant recipient presenting with tacrolimus toxicity.
- Samiullah, Bhurgri H, Samad F et Gastric & Duodenal Pseudomelanois: A rare entity – Report of 5 cases.
- Samiullah, Dinneen S, Marium et Endoscopic appearance of duodenum in GI leishmaniasis.
- Samad F, Samiullah, Bhurgri H et Mediastinitis mimicking Esophageal Perforation after Esophageal Botulinum Toxin Injection.
- Churrango J, Samiullah, Samad F et No Going Back: Noncirrhotic Portal Hypertension in HIV-‐Infected Patient, 15 Years after Exposure to Didanosine.
- Samiullah, Bhurgri H, Churrango J et Prevalence of prior Helicobacter Pylori infection in patients with delayed gastric emptying and functional dyspepsia.
- Bhurgri H, Samiullah, Brelvi Gastric Reprogramming: Using Erythromycin as pulse treatment for gastroparesis.
- Protopapas G, Samiullah, Klein Micropapillary Adenocarcinoma of the Colon: An Uncommon Variant and Location.
- Bhurgri H, Kern J, Samiullah. Primary colorectal Non-‐Hodgkin’s lymphoma in the setting of Ulcerative Colitis: a rare occurrence with an unusual presentation.
- Okoronkwo N, Samiullah, Chauhan Rectal foreign body: A case of voluntary insertion of a perfume bottle after intoxication.
- Dave V, Bhurgri H, Samiullah S et al Esophageal Metastasis from Colonic Adenocarcinoma: A Rare Occurrence Presenting As a Fungating Mass with Dysphagia