Education & Training
- University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston
- University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
Areas of Expertise
- Seizures & epilepsy, especially quality of life
- Lennox-Gastaut syndrome & epileptic encephalopathy
- Status epilepticus
- Antiseizure medications
- Hypothalamic hamartomas
- Epilepsy surgery
Awards & Honors
- Certificate of Appreciation for Excellence in Teaching. Neurology Residency Program, Department of Neurology, University of Texas-Houston Medical School, July 1, 2001 – June 30, 2002.
- “Levetiracetam: Pediatric Experience”. Winner, Young Investigator Award Texas Neurological Society, Annual Winter Conference, Austin on February 23, 2002.
- “Childhood Mesial Temporal Sclerosis”. Winner, Journal of Child Neurology (JCN)/Decker Neuroscience Prize, 28th Annual Southern Pediatric Neurology Society Meeting, New Orleans on March 15, 2003.
- “Video EEG is Unnecessary and Can be Misleading in Seizures Symptomatic to Hypothalamic Hamartomas”. Winner, Journal of Child Neurology (JCN)/Decker Neuroscience Prize, 29th Annual Southern Pediatric Neurology Society Meeting, New Orleans on March 13, 2004.
- Co-Director of the17th Annual Epilepsy Update, “Problems & Solutions for Epilepsy Management”. Jointly sponsored by the Barrow Neurological Institute, Epilepsy Foundation of Arizona, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale and University of Arizona College of Medicine, November 6, 2004.
- “Intravenous levetiracetam in children: a prospective safety study”. Hastriter E, Ng Y-t. Winner, Journal of Child Neurology/Sage Neuroscience Prize, 34th Annual Southern Pediatric Neurology Society Meeting, New Orleans, March 21, 2009.
- “Intravenous levetiracetam in children: a prospective safety study”. Hastriter E, Ng Y-t, Cardenas J, Khoury E, Chapman K. First prize (oral presentation) St. Joseph’s Hospital Academic Excellence Day, Phoenix, May 8, 2009.
- “Simple Febrile Seizures Plus (SFS+): It is okay to have more than one seizure within a 24-hour period”. Grill MF, Ng Y-t. Third prize (oral presentation) St. Joseph’s Hospital Academic Excellence Day, Phoenix, May 8, 2009.
- A.B. Baker Teaching Award, from the American Academy of Neurology 2016.
- Superstar Faculty (Teaching) Award, “Most Likely to Turn Heads” June 16, 2016. Baylor College of Medicine Pediatric Residents at the Children’s Hospital of San Antonio 2015-2016.
Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare
- 2004 - Included in “Guide to America’s Top Physicians”
- 2005 - Included in the 33rd Edition of the Dictionary of International Biography
- 2006 – University of Oklahoma Department of Pediatrics Outstanding faculty Teaching Award to Pediatric Education, 2012-2013
- Ahmad S, Ahmad K, Ng YT.
Neonatal epileptic encephalopathies.
Semin Pediatr Neurol 2021;37:Apr Epub 2021 Mar 4.
- Vossler DG, Knake S, O'Brien TJ, Watanabe M, Brock M, Steiniger-Brach B, Williams P, Roebling R; SP0982 co-investigators.
Efficacy and safety of adjunctive lacosamide in the treatment of primary generalised tonic-clonic seizures: a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial.
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2020;91:1067-1075.
- Gellman SR, Ng YT.*
Transient corpus callosal lesion presenting with alien hand syndrome.
Pediatr Neurol 2018;89:66-67.
- Tavella SK, Ng YT.*
Pediatr Neurol 2018;85:82-83.
- Moresco BL, Svoboda MD, Ng YT.*
A quiet disease with loud manifestations.
Semin Pediatr Neurol 2018;26:88-91.
- Sabroske E, Svoboda MD, Ng YT.*
Passing the newborn hearing screen does not exclude congenitally acquired infectious hearing loss.
Pediatr Neurol 2018;83:60-61.
- Khawaja AM, Pati S, Ng YT*.
Management of epilepsy due to hypothalamic hamartomas.
Pediatr Neurol 2017;75:29-42.
- Ostendorf AP, Ng YT.
Treatment-resistant Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: therapeutic trends, challenges and future directions.
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 2017;13:1131-1140.
- Shih JJ, Whitlock JB, Chimato N, Vargas E, Karceski SC, Frank RD.
Epilepsy treatment in adults and adolescents: Expert opinion, 2016.
Epilepsy Behav. 2017;69:186-222. Review.
Epilepsy Expert Consensus Panel: Ng Y-T.
- Ahmad KA, Desai SJ, Bennet MM, Ahmad SF, Ng Y-T, Clark RH, Tolia VN.
Changing antiepileptic drug use for seizures in US neonatal intensive care units from 2005-2014.
J Perinatol 2016;37:296-300.
- Poddar K, Sharma R, Ng YT.*
Intravenous lacosamide in pediatric status epilepticus: an open-label Efficacy and Safety Study.
Pediatr Neurol 2016;61:83-86.
- Fesler JR, Kanaan S, Mapstone TB, Ng YT.*
Reversible Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: an Exemplary Case of Curative Focal Heterotopia Resection.
J Neurol Neurophysiol 2015;6:e16.
- Mittal M, Harrison DL, Thompson DM, Miller MJ, Farmer KC, Ng YT.* An evaluation of three statistical estimation methods for assessing health policy effects on prescription drug claims. Res Social Adm Pharm 2016;12:29-40.
- Ng YT, Conry J, Mitchell WG, Buchhalter J, Isojarvi J, Lee D, Drummond R, Chung S.
Clobazam is equally safe and efficacious for seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome across different age groups: Post hoc analyses of short- and long-term clinical trial results.
Epilepsy Behav 2015;46:221-226.
- Ahmad S, Ng YT.
Focal and Multifocal Seizures (Experts Explain).
Childneurochannel.org April 2015.
- Mittal M, Harrison DL, Miller MJ, Farmer KC, Thomson DM, Ng YT.*
Has the Antiepileptic Drug (AED) Prescription Claims Changed Following the FDA Suicidality Warning: an Evaluation in a State Medicaid Program.
Epilepsy Behav 2014;34:109-15.