At University of Missouri Health Care, our pharmacy team works closely with you and your doctor to help you access and maintain your specialty medications.
Our friendly and knowledgeable team members are experts at helping patients manage high-cost and complicated medications. We know you have many options to choose from, and we thank you for choosing Mizzou Pharmacy. View our welcome packet.
Once your provider sends a prescription to Mizzou Pharmacy, our team will get to work. A member of our pharmacy team will contact you and offer enrollment in our personalized specialty pharmacy services program. Our patient management program has been designed to improve your health through education and compassion. We offer:
- Personalized services specific to your condition
- Expertise to help you save time and money on your specialty medications
- Educational materials to help you better understand and manage your condition
- Monthly refill reminder calls to help you refill your medications on time
- Convenient, timely, confidential delivery options
- 24/7 access to specialty-trained pharmacists
This service is provided to you at no additional cost and enrollment is optional. You may contact us at any time to be removed from this service.
Patient Medication Liaison
Your personal Patient Medication Liaison (PML) is an important member of your health care team. Your PML works within your specialty clinic and has direct access to your doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other health providers. Your PML is a friendly, knowledgeable resource to help save time and money on your specialty medications. Your PML provides many services, including:
- Insurance navigation. Your PML will complete any required prior authorizations.
- Financial Assistance. If you qualify, your PML may be able to help lower your out-of-pocket cost through available copay programs, foundations and charitable funds.
- Refill reminders. You will receive a courtesy call from your PML about a week before your next refill is due. You may also contact your PML directly to order refills.
We can coordinate free, secure prescription delivery to your home, your doctor’s office or other location.
We include any necessary supplies such as syringes, needles, sharps containers, alcohol swabs, and educational materials at no additional cost.
Our clinical pharmacists are available to teach you about your specialty medications and to answer questions about your care plan. Our pharmacists provide personalized patient management services by:
- Collaborating with your health care team to make sure your specialty medications are as safe and effective as possible
- Teaching you how to take your medicine correctly
- Helping you prepare for and manage possible side effects and drug interactions
- Helping you prevent missed doses
- Explaining how your medication is monitored and what the results mean
- Providing resources to help you get the most out of your medication therapy
These services are provided at no additional cost and your participation is completely voluntary.
To see a list of medications available, view our specialty medications list.
If the pharmacy is unable to provide your specialty medication, your PML will work with you and an appropriate pharmacy to ensure you receive your medicine. If you would like your prescription transferred to another pharmacy, please contact your PML to arrange the prescription transfer on your behalf.