Whether you have an upcoming event or you simply want to improve the look of your skin without surgery, University of Missouri Health Care offers you expert care and a variety of choices — options that offer quick results with little or no downtime.
We are committed to providing the highest-quality cosmetic dermatology services in central Missouri. Our services are provided by licensed physicians and staff with an advanced skill level and capabilities that set us apart from other centers nearby. You receive care from an expertly trained team — a team that puts your health, safety and satisfaction above everything else.
Top-quality cosmetic dermatology procedures
Our cosmetic dermatologists provide a broad range of services to improve the appearance of skin and reduce imperfections. We offer minimally invasive procedures that require little or no downtime. Our providers use the latest techniques to give you the best results possible — everything from removal of skin tags and tattoos to the most advanced techniques for more youthful looking, smoother skin.
We take the time to understand what’s important to you and recommend options that are tailored to meet your individual needs. Your doctor will explain all the benefits and risks of procedures to make sure you have the information you need to make an informed choice.
Skin treatments use different methods of skin exfoliation to give you brighter, smoother, healthier looking skin. Unsure which procedure is right for you?
Our clinicians can give you all the details about each procedure, including:
- How to prepare for your procedure
- What you can expect during treatment
- What results you can expect and when
- How to care for your skin before and after the procedure
- How to achieve the best results
Our clinicians can design a personalized skin care regimen and recommend treatments that can offer you the best possible results.
You can minimize fine lines and wrinkles, such as crow’s feet or frown lines, with Botulinum toxin type A injections. We offer three choices to help you achieve younger looking skin, with no downtime. Your doctor can help you decide which one is right for you:
We offer a variety of temporary and permanent fillers. These synthetic or natural gels can plump up your skin and smooth wrinkles. Your doctor can help you decide which one is right for you:
- Juvéderm® and Juvéderm Ultra Plus® instantly smooth away deeper lines along the sides of your nose and mouth.
- Belotero® helps restore a youthful balance by adding volume and smoothing out wrinkles. It’s often used to minimize "smoker's lines" around the mouth.
- Radiesse® helps your body boost its natural collagen to increase volume that reduces wrinkles — for both mid-face and hand rejuvenation.
- Restylane® adds volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth. Restylane may also be used for lip enhancement in patients over age 21.
- Restylane Lyft® additionally provides fullness to the cheeks.
Chemical peels use a solution to help speed up your skin’s normal process of shedding dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. This stimulates the skin cells below the surface to grow, which results in younger, healthier looking skin.
Although results vary, peels can:
- Eliminate dry skin
- Even out skin tone (minimize pigmentation)
- Make your skin look more youthful and feel softer
- Minimize pores
- Soften fine lines
Laser Tattoo Removal
We can remove tattoos using Q-switched Nd:YAG laser. This laser does not “burn out” the tattoo – it selectively removes the pigment from your skin.