Workers' compensation is a state-mandated insurance program that provides compensation to employees who have job-related injuries and illnesses.
If you are an employee who needs workers’ compensation care for an injury that took place at work, the Missouri Occupational Injury Center at University of Missouri Health Care can help. We offer complete workers’ compensation care for musculoskeletal (bone and muscle) injuries at the request of any employer or insurance carrier. We are the only MU Health Care clinic dedicated solely to the treatment of work-related injuries.
Our team stays in open communication with you and your employer, as well as insurance adjusters and case managers, to help you recover and return to work as quickly as possible.
Workers’ compensation services
We offer these services to employees and businesses:
- Appointments within 24 hours for all new patients (same-day appointments are welcome)
- Fast-track referrals within University of Missouri Health Care hospitals and clinics
- Full-time patient care coordinator to help with appointments and the recovery process
- Independent medical examinations
- Coordination with other medical teams, such as physical therapy and orthotics (custom foot supports), to manage injuries when needed
- Onsite electromyography (EMG) lab services performed by physicians with reports available immediately
- Physician notes sent out within 48 hours
- Post-urgent care and emergency room follow-up care
- Pre-employment physicals
- Return-to-work status faxed daily to your employer
To schedule an appointment for workers’ compensation care, please call 573-884-MOIC (6642).