At MU Health Care, safety is our top priority. As the region's leader in infectious diseases, including COVID-19, we have used our expertise to design a safe and convenient experience in our facilities.
As our community continues to navigate COVID-19, we have made a number of changes to our policies and operations to ensure the safety of our staff, visitors and patients.
We are limiting entrances to our hospitals, reducing the number of visitors allowed, and screening everyone who enters. Get the Details.
- Our staff screens patients over the phone for symptoms such as cough, fever and shortness of breath prior to scheduled appointments.
- Patients and visitors who enter MU Health Care facilities have their temperatures checked and are screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Any employee who has symptoms of a respiratory illness or a high temperature is required to stay home until recovered.
- All staff in clinical areas are required to wear a mask and maintain physical distancing when possible.
- All patients and visitors are required to wear a mask, and you are encouraged to bring with one with you. If you do not have a mask, a staff member will provide one for you.
Waiting room changes
- We have rearranged waiting rooms and clinic spaces to better allow for physical distancing.
- We have an extensive disinfection process for all patient care equipment and furniture.
- We are limiting visitors to reduce the number of people in our facilities. Review our visitor policy.
We're here for you
We have made these changes to ensure you are comfortable and safe receiving care in our facilities.
Delaying care may lead to additional health complications in the future, so it’s important you continue to seek care, especially if you have a pre-existing or chronic condition. With the changes to our facilities, and our expanded telehealth options, we are prepared to meet your health care needs today and into the future.
If you have questions, call your doctor. Together, you can make a care plan and discuss the appointment option, whether through telehealth or in-person, that works best for you.