Our No. 1 priority is to keep our patients, staff and visitors safe. As the COVID-19 situation develops, we are adjusting our policies as necessary to protect our patients and our physicians, nurses and staff.
Inpatient visitor policy
No visitors allowed at any hospitals except:
- One visitor for surgeries and procedures that result in a hospital admission.
- One partner or spouse plus a coach in labor and delivery. (One spouse or partner after baby is born.)
- Parents or guardians of hospitalized pediatric patients.
- When patients are nearing end of life.
Outpatient visitor policy
Restrictions for clinics will be implemented Monday, Nov. 23 to include:
- One visitor allowed for clinic visits only in the following situations:
- One person for outpatient surgeries and procedures where sedation is used.
- Visits related to pregnancy.
- Patients with physical or mental limitations.
- Visits involving pediatric patients.
- New or significantly changed oncology diagnosis.
- University Hospital, Ellis Fischel Cancer Center and Missouri Psychiatric Center: Entry will be limited to the first level of the Patient and Visitor Parking Garage. The Emergency Department entrance will remain operational for patients needing care.
- Women’s and Children’s Hospital: Entry for the public is through the main lobby entrance. The Emergency Department entrance will remain operational for patients needing care.
- Missouri Orthopaedic Institute: Entry is through the second-floor circle-drive entrance on the east side of the building.
Screening upon entrance
- Cough and temperature screening before entry for everyone - vendors, staff, visitors and patients