Nothing makes us happier than providing health care services to more than 226,000 people each year.
If you or a loved one benefited from our services and wish to make a donation, we encourage you to take a look at the following giving opportunities at MU Health Care.
Women's and Children’s Hospital
As the only academic health system in the region, our team makes sure women and children across Missouri receive the care they deserve.
Here are some of the ways you can support our Women's and Children’s Hospital:
- Children’s Hospital Patient and Family Assistance Fund: Having a child in the hospital is stressful — and the last thing we want parents to worry about is how to pay for medical services. This fund is for parents who need a little extra financial support.
- Children’s Therapy Center Fund: Our therapy center provides pediatric physical, occupational and speech therapy services and includes one of the only therapeutic rehabilitation playgrounds in the U.S. Your support can make a big difference in a child’s recovery.
Ellis Fischel Cancer Center
The Ellis Fischel Cancer Center diagnoses and provides the latest treatment for all types of cancer.
Here are a few ways you can support patients at the cancer center:
- Ellis Fischel Mammography Fund: Since 2008, this fund has provided breast cancer screening to women who are uninsured and not eligible for any charitable, state or federal programs.
- Ellis Fischel Patient Assistance Fund: Knowing that cancer medical costs can be expensive, this fund is for patients undergoing treatment who don’t have health insurance or can’t afford medical care.
- Ellis Fischel Wig Program Fund: A quality wig can cost as much as $100. Your contribution will allow a patient the opportunity to pick out the wig of their choice, at no cost.
- Eugenia Wyatt Guest House Fund: This “home away from home” serves as a residence for patients with cancer and their families.
Physicians across Missouri refer many of their most complicated cases to the University Hospital. At our 247-bed hospital, we treat the most severe illnesses and injuries and see about 80,000 trauma and ER patients each year.
Here’s how you can help support our patients:
- University Hospital Adult Patient Assistance Fund: This fund helps patients at the University Hospital who need extra assistance, due to lack of health insurance, being underinsured or having other financial needs.
Missouri Psychiatric Center
We’re proud to provide short-term, intensive inpatient treatment services for people of all ages. Featuring 61 inpatient beds, we offer an emergency room assessment unit to help with crisis stabilization, intake and discharge planning for patients.
Here’s one way you can help our patients:
- MU Psychiatric Center Pediatric Patients Fund: This fund supports our pediatric patients and their families during hospitalization and other times of need.
Missouri Orthopaedic Institute
We offer a full range of orthopaedic services in one location, including pediatric orthopaedics, orthopedic oncology, general orthopedics, and spine and trauma care.
Here is one way you can support our patients:
- Missouri Orthopaedic Institute General Gift Fund: This fund allows us to apply your gift to the areas of greatest need for our orthopaedics programs and patients.
Support Our Employees
With nearly 7,000 people on staff, MU Health Care is dedicated to providing you and your loved ones with exceptional care. But sometimes, we need a little extra care ourselves.
Here is a way you can help:
- Nurses Life Long Learning Fund: Learning new skills is at the heart of the nursing profession. By supporting the fund, you’ll enhance a nurse’s educational development.