By donating to the Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, you provide crucial support for cancer patients and their families, when they need it most.
Make a Donation in Honor of Someone Special
When you donate to any of the funds listed below, you’ll have the option to make your gift a tribute in honor or in memory of a loved one.
Donate a Wig for a Cancer Patient
Anxiety over hair loss due to cancer treatment can detract from the strength patients need to recover. But quality wigs are expensive, and many forms of insurance do not cover them. To ensure no patient who wants one goes without a wig, the Ellis Fischel wig program offers patients in need their choice of a wig at no cost.
We welcome donations of all sizes:
- $1-$99, which will contribute to the cost of a wig
- $100-$199, which will cover the full cost of most wigs
- $200 and above, which will cover the full cost of one or more wigs
Help More Women Get Mammograms
Ellis Fischel Cancer Center aims to make breast cancer screenings available to all the women of mid-Missouri, regardless of their ability to pay. You can support this effort by contributing to our Ellis Fischel Mammography Fund.
The fund covers the cost of breast cancer screening for women who are uninsured and not eligible for any charitable, state or federal programs.
Breast cancer screenings include a clinical breast exam, screening mammogram and breast cancer education. Women can receive these services at Ellis Fischel Cancer Center or on our Mobile Mammography Van, which travels to more than 25 counties and 60 locations throughout mid-Missouri.
Offer Comfort to Patients and Families
Our Wyatt Guest House, located about three miles from the Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, gives patients and family members a warm, friendly environment that allows them to concentrate on healing during their cancer treatment. Patients pay whatever they can afford and stay for anywhere from five days to a few months.
You can support activities and amenities at the Wyatt Guest House with monetary gifts or donations of items:
- Food and drink: K-Cup pods for Keurig coffee pot, sugar, cereal, milk, butter or margarine, yogurt, fruit, bread, individually wrapped snack foods and dessert items, canned soup, microwavable meals, condiments in squeeze bottles, soft drinks, protein drinks
- Household supplies: Night lights and bulbs, cleaning supplies, dryer sheets, Febreze
- Kitchen supplies: Paper plates, Styrofoam cups, plastic silverware, paper towels, plastic sandwich or storage bags, cling wrap, non-stick spray, dishwasher detergent
- Office supplies: Copier paper, sticky notes, pens and pencils, postage stamps
- Personal hygiene products: Tissues, toothbrushes, combs and brushes, hair dryers; travel-sized toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, lotion, deodorant
- Other items: Umbrellas, gift cards for gas, subscriptions to magazines or the Columbia Tribune
Call 573-884-1825 to arrange a donation of any of the above items.
Provide Life-Changing Financial Assistance
Ellis Fischel Cancer Center offers financial assistance to many patients who do not have the ability to pay for care they need. This critical funding comes entirely from charitable contributions to our Patient Assistance Fund.
By donating to the fund, you can help patients receive medical care, medicine, supplements and more.
Other Ways to Support Cancer Care and Research
If you’re interested in other ways of supporting cancer care and research, you can view other ways to give; email Zach Silvers, Principal Director of Advancement for MU Health Care; or call 573-884-2229.