The DAISY Award is a nationwide program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day.
University of Missouri Health Care wants to recognize nurses who go above and beyond the expected to:
- Be a role model for patient-centered care by involving the patient and family as part of the health care team.
- Communicate with compassion, using words the patient and family understands.
- Collaborate with health care team members and advocate for patient wishes.
- Create a positive, supportive, safe and healing environment for our patients.
- Be viewed as an excellent role model.
- Show commitment to the growth of our nursing profession.