2021 Application Process is Now Closed
University of Missouri Health Care offers a 12 week student nurse extern opportunities each summer for nursing students within one year of graduation from an accredited nursing school looking to gain valuable professional experience!
- Provide an opportunity for student nurses to increase nursing skills and knowledge through clinical practice with a professional nurse preceptor
- Provide student nurses with a role model for the practice of professional nursing
- Provide clinical experience to assist with the transition from student nurse to professional nurse
- Applicants must be within one year of graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale — official transcripts will be required if offered and accept
- Instructor and employer references
- AHA BLS for healthcare providers is required. If hired, must supply card during new hire paperwork prior to start date
Applications are accepted in January for that summer.