2022 Student Nurse Extern Summer Opportunities
University of Missouri Health Care is offering 12 week student nurse extern opportunities for nursing students within one year of graduation from an accredited nursing school looking to gain valuable professional experience!
Upon successful completion of the externship nursing students have an opportunity to continue as a CTA-C and be given special consideration for GN positions!
- Provide an opportunity for student nurses to increase nursing skills and knowledge through clinical practice with a professional nurse preceptor.
- Provide student nurses with a role model for the practice of professional nursing.
- Provide clinical experience to assist with the transition from student nurse to professional nurse.
Available unit opportunities are listed in the online application below.
- Applicants must be within one year of graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Official transcripts will be required if offered and accept.
- References: when prompted via email, reference information must be entered by application deadline.
- Reference Guidelines (5 total required):
- 2 current nursing instructors
- 2 nursing student peers
- 1 employer (current or past)
- Must complete a phone interview with HR and attend virtual Zoom interviews with departments
- AHA BLS for healthcare providers is required. If hired, must supply card during new hire paperwork prior to start date.
- $17.00 per hour
- Shift differential
- Evenings - $2/hr
- Nights - $2/hr
- Weekends - $2/hr
- Program Start Date/Orientation Dates – May 23-25, 2022
- Program length – 12 weeks (10 weeks paid, 1-2 weeks unpaid vacation)