Looking for a valuable, professional nursing experience? Check out our summer 2019 student nurse extern opportunities.
MU Health Care is offering 12-week student nurse extern opportunities for nursing students within one year of graduation from an accredited nursing school looking to gain valuable professional experience! Upon successful completion of the externship nursing students have an opportunity to continue as a CTA-C and be given special consideration for GN positions!
- Provide an opportunity for student nurses to increase nursing skills and knowledge through clinical practice with a professional nurse preceptor.
- Provide student nurses with a role model for the practice of professional nursing.
- Provide clinical experience to assist with the transition from student nurse to professional nurse.
- Applicants must be within one year of graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Official transcripts will be required if offered and accept.
- Completion of application by February 8, 2019.
- Submit a completed “Areas of Interest” form (Areas of Interest form needs to be included in application as an attachment)
- References: when prompted via email, reference information must be entered by application deadline.
- Attend an on-site interview (dates below)
- AHA BLS for healthcare providers is required. If hired, must supply card during new hire paperwork prior to start date.
- $14.00 per hour
- Shift differential
- Evenings - $2/hr
- Nights - $2/hr
- Weekends - $2/hr
- Application deadline: February 8
- Interview dates: February 27 or 28
- Program Start Date/Orientation Dates: May 28 - 30
- Program length: 12 weeks (ends August 17)
Application Materials – must be completed by February 8
- Online application (Reference Vacancy 19000003)
- Areas of Interest (Areas of Interest form needs to be included in application as an attachment)