University of Missouri Health Care offers a 12-week student nurse externship each summer for nursing students within one year of graduation from an accredited nursing school who are looking to gain valuable professional experience!
Accepting applications: January 6, 2020.
Upon successful completion of the externship, nursing students have an opportunity to continue as a CTA-C and be given special consideration for GN positions!
- Provide an opportunity for student nurses to increase nursing skills and knowledge through clinical practice with a professional nurse preceptor.
- Provide student nurses with a role model for the practice of professional nursing.
- Provide clinical experience to assist with the transition from student nurse to professional nurse.
- Applicants must be within one year of graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Official transcripts will be required if offered and accept
- Completion of an online application
- Submit a completed Areas of Interest form
- Attend an on-site interview – either Wednesday, February 26th, 2020 or Thursday, February 27th, 2020
- AHA BLS for healthcare providers is required