University of Missouri Health Care is offering 12-week student nurse extern opportunities for nursing students within one year of graduation from an accredited nursing school looking to gain valuable professional experience!
Upon successful completion of the externship, nursing students have an opportunity to continue as a CTA-C and be given special consideration for GN positions!
- Provide an opportunity for student nurses to increase nursing skills and knowledge through clinical practice with a professional nurse preceptor.
- Provide student nurses with a role model for the practice of professional nursing.
- Provide clinical experience to assist with the transition from student nurse to professional nurse.
- Applicants must be within one year of graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Official transcripts will be required if offered and accept
- Completion of an online application by February 8, 2020
- Submit a completed Areas of Interest form (attached to your application)
- References (five total)
- Two current nursing instructors
- Two nursing student peers
- One employer (current or past)
- Attend an on-site interview – either Wednesday, February 26th, 2020 or Thursday, February 27th, 2020
- AHA BLS for healthcare providers is required. If hired, you must supply card during new hire paperwork prior to start date.
- $14.00 per hour
- Shift differential
- Evenings - $2 per hour
- Nights - $2 per hour
- Weekends - $2 per hour
- Application deadline: February 8, 2020
- Interview dates: February 26 or 27, 2020
- Program start date and orientation dates: May 26-28, 2020
- Program length: 12 weeks (ends August 22, 2020)