The University of Missouri Health Care Administrative Fellowship is a unique two-year program dedicated to fostering the next generation of health care leaders.
The program leverages MU Health Care's excellence in patient care along with its commitment to an engaged workforce to create an unparalleled learning experience. Working side-by-side with executive leadership, fellows benefit from customized rotations, individualized learning plans and enhanced leadership development opportunities that empower them to lead complex projects that impact the entire organization.
The fellowship attracts the best and brightest graduates and helps them become caring and talented leaders. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Administrative Fellowship
Fellows participate in function-specific rotations in:
- Ambulatory Care
- Inpatient Care
- Human Resources
- Business Planning/Marketing
- Patient Experience
- Community Affiliations
During each rotation, fellows will work alongside key leaders to enhance mastery of crucial competencies.
As an administrative fellow at MU Health Care, you can get involved in several exciting projects that will help you develop skills and prepare for your career in hospital administration. Here are some of the past projects that our administrative fellows have completed:
Women's and Children's Hospital
- Led implementation of a visitor management system
- Led a multidisciplinary team to adopt a new model of prenatal care, Centering Pregnancy, for the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Missouri Orthopaedic Institute
- Helped facilitate project to increase average daily census at MOI from 12 patients to 30 patients
- Organized the process of Sports Physicals Day for 100 middle and high school athletes in Boone County
Missouri Psychiatric Center
- Conceptualized, developed and implemented a new incentivized job position to increase employee satisfaction and standardize shift scheduling optimizing coverage and patient care for our Psychiatric Center
- Created a process workflow within all clinics for chargemaster
- Helped change the process for clinic floating hours for Ophthalmology Clinics
- Helped manage the operations for the Incident Command COVID-19 Labor Pool
- Defined program model, developed business case, assessed the needs and developed the Telehealth department for MU Health Care
- Created a Career Portal to help employees grow within the organization by providing access to various resources and tools
- Helped facilitate the Academic Health System strategic planning process for MU Health Care and the MU School of Medicine
- Worked with the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to participate in the Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index
- Managed a team of over 100 staff members during Revenue Cycle conversion
- Worked with the Clinical Campus Integration Committee to reform physician call-rooms to patient care rooms
View the application requirements for more information about our Administrative Fellowship.
Why work at MU Health Care?
MU Health Care consistently receives recognition as a leader in providing high-quality, innovative health care services. MU Health Care received the designation as one of Missouri’s first Level I Time Critical Diagnosis Stroke Centers, the highest recognition a hospital can receive for its stroke program.
In 2015, MU Health Care received the global HIMSS Enterprise Nicholas E. Davies Award of Excellence for health care technology innovations that are improving patient outcomes. Also, for the seventh consecutive year, MU Health Care was recognized as one of the nation’s “Most Wired” health systems in 2017 for its leading edge health care information technology.
A great place to live and work
Located in central Missouri, Columbia is home to the University of Missouri and is consistently ranked nationally as one of the most desirable places to live.