The University of Missouri Health Care Administrative Fellowship is a comprehensive two-year program dedicated to the professional development and personal growth of future health care leaders. Through valuable rotations and projects, fellows have the opportunity to learn from executive leaders and make a meaningful impact within the academic health system.
Our fellowship attracts the best and brightest graduates and helps them become caring and talented leaders.
The Administrative Fellowship
During the first year, Fellows complete core rotations in:
- Clinical Operations (Inpatient and Ambulatory Services)
- School of Medicine Administration
- Human Resources
During the second year, Fellows may complete additional elective rotations in areas such as:
- Quality & Safety
- Employee Relations
- Patient Experience
- Compliance & Regulatory Affairs
- Supply Chain & Distribution
- Pharmacy & Laboratory
- Strategic Planning
During each rotation, fellows will be able to engage with executive leaders and develop areas of interest and experience within health care while simultaneously completing system level projects with executive guidance. Fellows can apply the skills learned during rotations and project work in interim leadership assignments, when appropriate.
View the application requirements for more information about our Administrative Fellowship.
- Developed a staffing matrix for ambulatory clinics to know which type of staff and how many FTEs are needed to operate efficiently based on specialty.
- Led several initiatives to reduce patient falls within the health system.
- Assisted the COO to create an operational plan for the health system.
- Assisted in the development of a strategic plan for the future growth of our perioperative services across the health system.
- Analyzed data to optimize OR throughput and developed a tool to track various KPIs.
- Assisted nursing leadership with remodeling the nursing structure to increase efficiency.
Learn more about the program
Join our current Administrative Fellows for an informational webinar where you'll learn what makes MU Health Care unique, why Columbia is a great place to live, the structure of our two-year Fellowship program and how you can apply.
Please submit the form for the session you would like to attend, and the Zoom link will be emailed to you the day prior to your registered date. Questions can be submitted either through the form provided or via chat during the Q&A portion of the webinar.
Why work at MU Health Care?
MU Health Care is an academic health system with a mission to save and improve lives. Our specialists treat the simplest and most complex medical conditions, discover breakthroughs and train the next generation of doctors to do the same. As an administrative fellow, you can be a part of it all and have a lasting impact on our patients, fellow employees and community.
About MU School of Medicine
University of Missouri School of Medicine is proud of its 150-year history training individuals to become future physicians. Administrative Fellows have an opportunity to work with leaders in medical education, research administration and clinical trials, department chairs and directors and other key individuals working to ensure our students, residents and fellows receive a robust learning experience.
Located in central Missouri, Columbia is home to the University of Missouri and is consistently ranked nationally as one of the most desirable places to live.