The MU Health Care Auxiliary is a volunteer organization that raises money to support and enhance patient services and programs.
Through fundraisers and gift shop proceeds the auxiliary has funded equipment to support MU Health Care's mission of saving and improving lives:
- Mammogram van "chase vehicle": This vehicle travels statewide with Ellis Fischel Cancer Center’s mammography van. It is used to support mamm van staff with supply runs and transportation to and from lodging, so staff don’t have to move the large van around town.
- Missouri Psychiatric Center outdoor activity center: This outdoor activity center at the Missouri Psychiatric Center helps provide patients with access to outdoor exercise, one of the most effective ways to improve mental health.
- Fitness trail: Outdoor fitness equipment allows people of almost any ability to challenge their fitness level and improve their health from head to toe. We make it easy to add fitness activity along the outdoor trail at the South Providence Medical Building.
- "Stop the Bleed" kits: The national Stop the Bleed program helps train and equip people to respond in situations when someone is experiencing severe blood loss. The auxiliary has helped fund 32 Stop the Bleed kits that can be used in responding to such situations.
- Gynecological ultrasound: This advanced gynecological ultrasound technology can provide an earlier diagnosis of uterine cancer.
- Ambulance: This fully stocked ambulance has all the necessary equipment for our emergency services teams to respond to service calls.
- Parking lot shuttles: These two all-weather, enclosed shuttles provide patients and visitors convenient rides from our parking lots to the front door of several facilities.
The auxiliary supports Sinclair School of Nursing students by sponsoring two scholarship funds.
- The Service League Auxiliary Endowment scholarship is offered to full-time junior or senior nursing students employed part-time at University Hospital and Clinics. Considerations are given to financial need and grade point average (2.75 GPA minimum).
- The Alicia C. Wilson Endowed Fund scholarship is offered to full-time junior or senior undergraduate nursing students employed part-time at University Hospital and Clinics. Primary consideration is given to financial need, with academic achievement (2.75 GPA minimum).
- President: Pete Goodman
- Vice President: vacant
- Recording Secretary: Sharlet Finley
- Corresponding Secretary: Sandy Taylor
- Treasurer: Judy Prewitt
- Assistant Treasurer: vacant
How you can get involved
The auxiliary always welcomes applications for new members. Membership is open to anyone in the community. Learn more about MU Health Care volunteer services here.
The auxiliary meets monthly or quarterly, depending on projects and needs. To learn more or to apply, please fill out a membership form below or call 573-882-4714.