We provide online registration for classes, online transcripts and learning plans and many computer-based training modules so staff can learn when their personal schedule allows.
Our simulation lab with CEDrick, a simulation mannequin, simulates real patient conditions in a safe learning environment. Nurses can practice their documentation skills in our staffed computer lab. Our educators provide numerous classes and updates while unit-based educators tailor training to the needs of each unit.
Our nurses gain continuing education according to their needs and personal schedule through computer-based training modules, hands-on learning in our simulation lab and classroom offerings.
Our core classes include:
- Adult and pediatric chemotherapy
- American Heart Association ACLS and PALS classes monthly
- American Heart Association BLS online renewal
- Annual Skills Day to review old and new equipment
- Basic dysrhythmia
- Cardiac education
- Diabetes management
- IV therapy
- Oncology and chemotherapy
- Pro-act training for crisis intervention
- Trauma education and annual trauma updates
- Weekly mock code practice sessions attended by all disciplines
Physicians and other professionals provide grand rounds and seminars on various clinical conditions.