Here is what you need to know about getting tested for COVID-19.
If you're experiencing mild symptoms of COVID-19, you should be assessed by a physician.
Learn about the latest symptom information at cdc.gov. Symptoms might include:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
If you have severe symptoms, including difficulty breathing, go to the Emergency Department or call 911.
If you have mild symptoms, get assessed by a doctor
Options for assessment:
- Contact your primary care provider.
- Complete a video visit at muhealthvideovisits.org.
After you are assessed by a physician, you can come to MU Health Care's drive-thru testing site. See location details.
Drive-thru testing is available:
- 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday
- The drive-thru site is closed Sunday.
How will I be notified of results?
The test results notification process differs based on your results.
- Positive results: A staff member will call with results, usually within 24-48 hours.
- Negative results: Documentation of your negative result will be available only through the HEALTHConnect portal, typically within 72 hours of your test. If you don't have a HealthConnect account, you can sign up here.
How much does testing cost?
The charge for a COVID-19 lab test is $150. If you have insurance, that company will be billed. At this time, there is no co-pay or co-insurance. If you do not have insurance, there is no charge.
Where is the drive-thru testing site?
The testing site is on the north side of Mizzou North building at 115 Business Loop 70 W in Columbia. Enter off Garth Avenue.