The Down syndrome clinic provides an opportunity for patients up to age 21 to receive assessment and care from a team of specialists trained to address their medical and health concerns.
The clinic offers patients and their families the most advanced care in mid-Missouri and is designed to provide patients the opportunity to see multiple specialty providers in one day at one location.
We specialize in seeing patients ages 6 months through 21 years of age. The clinic operates on the first Friday of each month.
During clinic, your child will be evaluated by our team and a personalized care assessment plan will be provided. We also work closely with your child’s pediatrician to keep them updated about your child’s visits at our clinic so he or she can continue to provide your child the best care.
Our team approach that provides personalized care includes physicians and therapists from both The Thompson Center and University of Missouri Health Care. Your child may be seen by a variety of specialists including:
- Developmental pediatricians
- Ear, nose and throat
- Speech and language pathologists
- Social work
These specialists are trained to treat children with Down syndrome and to address any health concerns often associated with Down syndrome such as vision or thyroid conditions.
Because we’re part of an academic health system, we’re also able to connect you with any additional specialists your child may need to see.
Related Conditions & Treatments
- Adolescent Medicine
- Down Syndrome
- Juvenile Diabetes
- Pediatric Anesthesiology
- Pediatric Cancer
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Pediatric Development and Behavior
- Pediatric ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat)
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Pediatric Eye Care
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric General, Thoracic and Gynecologic Surgery
- Pediatric Genetic Services
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Nephrology
- Pediatric Neurosciences
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Primary Care
- Pediatric Psychiatry
- Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
- Pediatric Rheumatology
- Pediatric Sleep Medicine
- Pediatric Surgical Services
- Pediatric Urology
- Pediatric Weight Management