University of Missouri researchers have collaborated on cancer studies funded by the National Institutes of Health, including nanotechnology and comparative oncology studies with Ellis Fischel Cancer Center and College of Veterinary Medicine researchers.
Ellis Fischel's experts continue to use new technology in the fight against cancer, adding a Trilogy Tx linear accelerator in 2008 to deliver targeted radiation to tumors and digital mammography in 2012 to screen for breast cancer. In 2021, the NextGen Precision Health building opened with a Siemens Healthineers MAGNETOM Terra 7-Tesla magnetic resonance imaging scanner and the latest in Cryo-EM molecular imaging technologies from Thermo-Fisher Scientific.
Because we believe research and innovation are critical to the advancement of cancer care, we are committed to investing in the people, technology and facilities needed in our relentless pursuit of better treatments and cures. Our researchers have access to coveted animal models, leading-edge technology, and informatics expertise to transform their ideas into discoveries. Our clinics, programs and partnerships throughout the state enable us to create an informational pipeline that allows our state's highest health care needs to be represented and addressed in our research.
Our researchers and clinicians have access to our electronic health records, biostatistics and data analytics support, project coordinators and clinical trial infrastructure. And our Ellis Fischel clinical trials office assists with trials in areas of treatment, prevention, screening, and supportive/palliative care studies.
If you are a researcher seeking a new challenge, check out some of our shared resources here.
- Office of Research and Economic Development (ORED), including the latest technology advances through its Advanced Technology Core Facilities
- NextGen Precision Health initiative
- The University of Missouri Research Reactor (MURR)
- Animal Care Quality Assurance
- Molecular Imaging and Theranostics Center (MITC)
- Animal Modeling Core
- Rat Resource and Research Center (RRRC)
- National Swine Resource Research and Center, including the Swine Somatic Cell Genome Editing Center
- Mizzou OneHealth Biorepository
- Missouri Cancer Registry
- Health Policy Center
- Clinical Research Center