If you receive a diagnosis of cervical, ovarian, vaginal or vulvar cancer, you want compassionate care from a team of gynecologic experts who specialize in the unique needs of women. At University of Missouri Health Care, you will receive excellent, trusted gynecologic cancer care.
Our gynecologic oncology doctors and staff are committed to giving you the most advanced and personalized care through our unique team approach. Our specialists work closely with MU Health Care's cancer care team and women's health team to ensure you receive the most comprehensive care.
Complete gynecologic oncology services
At MU Health Care, you have access to the full suite of gynecologic oncology services close to home. In addition to standard medical and surgical treatments, you also have access to:
- National gynecologic cancer clinical trials, including those of the Gynecologic Oncology Group
- Endoscopic gynecologic surgery
- Expert colonoscopy and treatment of pre-invasive cervical diseases
- Long-term cancer surveillance
- Treatment of invasive and noninvasive vulvar diseases
- Treatment of noncancerous gynecologic conditions
Gynecologic oncology clinical trials
As an academic medical system, MU Health Care in involved in the latest research, including clinical trials that test new and innovative medicines. In some cases, clinical trials give our patients more treatment options that lead to better outcomes. Ask your doctor for more information about gynecologic cancer clinical trials available through the clinical trials program at Ellis Fischel.
Gynecologic oncology survivorship clinic
As you complete your cancer treatment, you might think about what will happen next. Returning to everyday life can be challenging. To help you transition and live your life to the fullest, we developed a unique gynecologic cancer survivorship clinic.
In the survivorship clinic, you'll be given the opportunity to address survivorship concerns, including emotional, physical, sexual and relationship issues.
When you participate in the gynecologic cancer survivorship clinic you will receive:
- A personalized treatment summary to share with your primary care provider
- Tips for managing the long-term side effects of gynecologic cancer treatment and the late effects related to treatment
- Nutrition and exercise recommendations
- Access to more resources through local and national cancer survivorship groups
- Education and coordination of follow-up care with your primary care provider and oncologist
We hope these services will benefit and increase your quality of life after cancer treatment. Ask your oncologist or social worker for more information about the benefits of a survivorship care plan.