If you've been diagnosed with lung cancer, you want a team of specialists that has the resources you need to overcome cancer. And that's just what you'll find at University of Missouri Health Care's Ellis Fischel Cancer Center.
Ellis Fischel offers a wide range of advanced treatment options for:
- Lung cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Tumors of the mediastinum, including thymomas and germ cell tumors
- Chest wall tumors
- Cancers that have metastasized (spread) to the lungs
- Pleural mesothelioma
A team approach to lung cancer treatment
At Ellis Fischel your lung cancer treatment will be provided by a team of cancer specialists that includes:
- Thoracic surgical oncologists
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Oncology nurses
- Respiratory therapists
Our specialists are dedicated to providing leading-edge evaluation and collaborative treatments. We work closely with you throughout every step of the treatment process — from diagnosis, to treatment, to recovery and aftercare.
Advanced treatment options
Your MU Health Care cancer care team has access to the very latest treatments for lung, esophageal and other chest cancers as well as innovative lung cancer treatments through national clinical trials. As an academic health system, we use the most advanced medical and surgical treatments available and will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that matches your diagnosis and needs.
Examples of our advanced services include:
- Our surgeons are highly skilled and experienced in performing minimally invasive and robotically assisted surgery for curative purposes. This includes minimally invasive lung or esophageal resections and thymectomies. These surgeries allow for faster patient recovery with less trauma and smaller incisions.
- Our pulmonologists and interventional radiologists perform innovative biopsies with navigational imaging techniques and endobronchial ultrasound-guided bronchoscopies.
- The radiation oncology team offers novel and tissue-preserving stereotactic radiation therapy techniques (radiosurgery).
- Our medical oncologists offer new medications that have fewer side effects, including immunotherapy agents.
You can expect innovative treatment and the possibility of participating in clinical trials at MU Health Care. Our team approach ensures you will receive all aspects of personalized care and all available treatment options will be considered to ensure the best possible outcome.