If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a blood cancer, you want the best cancer care possible. Let the compassionate blood cancer specialists at University of Missouri Health Care help you and your family through this critical time.
Our hematologist-oncologists (blood cancer doctors) provide complete care and work with a variety of specialists to provide you with the best treatment plan possible.
Hematologic malignancies we treat
Hematologist-oncologists at MU Health Care's Ellis Fischel Cancer Center diagnose and treat cancers of the blood and blood-forming tissues, which are called hematologic malignancies.
Our doctors offer advanced treatment options for:
- Acute myelogenous leukemia
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Myelodysplastic syndrome
- Hodgkin's disease
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Multiple myeloma
- POEMS syndrome (Polyneuropathy, Organomegaly, Endocrinopathy, Monoclonal Gammopathy, Skin Abnormalities)
- MGUS (Monoclonal Gammopathy of Undetermined Significance)
Blood cancer treatment at MU Health
You can expect the following from your blood cancer treatment at MU Health:
- The most advanced care. We provide team-based blood cancer care. By including multiple specialists in your care, it helps us build the best treatment plan for your diagnosis and needs. Your cancer care team will include medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, hematopathologists, infectious disease specialists, and specially trained nurses, dietitians and social workers.
- Leading-edge treatments. As an academic health system, our doctors have access to the most advanced diagnostic tests and blood cancer treatment options, so you don't have to go far from home to get the care you need. This includes access to clinical trials under the direction of national experts.
- Supportive care. In addition to your medical care, we strive to meet all of your and your family's needs through educational and supporting programs and services.